Answered on March 27,2019
The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana scheme has two components, which provides coverage to the farmers (loanee & non-loanee):
- Compulsory component: All the loanee farmers are compulsorily covered and provided insurance as per the provisions mentioned in the scheme.
- Voluntary component: This component is optional for non-loanee farmers. The procedure to opt for this component is:
- The farmers willing to avail this benefit should approach the nearest bank / authorized channel partner of the insurance company before the mentioned cutoff date.
- They should fill-up the proposal form and provide the details of their saving bank account & land identification number with all the necessary documents.
- The farmers will need to submit this form along with the premium amount to the bank/ authorized channel partner of the insurance company.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.