Answered on March 24,2019
Following are the services available to the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan yojana.
- A detailed history of all the beneficiaries will be taken and then examined and assessed for any danger signs, complications or any high risk status.
- Blood Pressure, per abdominal examination and examination for fetal heart sounds will be done for all the beneficiaries coming for ANC check - up.
- If a woman visiting a public health facility requires a specific investigation, sample will be collected at the facility itself and transported to the appropriate centre for testing. ANM/ MPW will be responsible for transporting the collected sample, conveying the results to the pregnant women and appropriate follow up.
- After examination by ANM/Staff Nurse, Medical Officer to also examine and attend to every beneficiary attending PMSMA .
- All identified high risk pregnancies will be referred to higher facilities and JSSK help desks that have been set up at these facilities will be responsible for guiding the referred women once they reach the facilities. MCP cards to be issued to all beneficiaries.
- All identified High Risk women including those with complications to be managed and treated by OBGY/CEmOC/BEmOC Specialist). If needed, such cases will be referred to higher level facilities and a referral slip with probable diagnosis and treatment given will be mentioned on the slip.
- One ultrasound is recommended for all pregnant women during the 2nd/ 3rd trimester of pregnancy. If required, USG services may be made available in a PPP mode and expenditure booked under JSSK.
- Before leaving the facility every pregnant women to be counselled, may be individually or in groups, on nutrition, rest, safe sex, safety, birth preparedness, identification of danger signs, institutional delivery and Post - partum Family Planning ( PPFP ) .
- Filling out the MCP cards at these clinics will be mandatory and a sticker indicating the condition and risk factor of the pregnant women will be added onto MCP card for each visit:
- Green Sticker - for women with no risk factor detected
- Red Sticker – for women with high risk pregnancy
- Blue – for women with Pregnancy Induced Hypertension
- Yellow – pregnancy with co-morbid conditions such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, STIs
- Counselling session to focus on the following topics:
- Care during pregnancy.
- Danger signs during pregnancy.
- Birth preparedness & Complication readiness, contact details to be used in case of need
- Family Planning
- Importance of nutrition including iron - folic acid consumption and calcium supplementation.
- Safe sex
- Institutional delivery.
- Identification of referral transport.
- Entitlements under Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)
- Entitlements and service guarantee under Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakram (JSSK)
- Post - natal care.
- Breastfeeding and complementary feeding.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question