Answered on March 27,2019
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana are provided below.
- Farmer's contribution to premium is reduced significantly i.e. 2% for Kharif crops, 1.5% for Rabi crops and 5% for Annual and Commercial crops.
- Provision to assess the losses individually in case of localized perils such as hailstorm, inundation and landslide.
- Assessment of yield loss on individual plot basis in case of occurrence of cyclone, cyclonic rains and unseasonal rains throughout the country resulting in damage to harvested crop lying in the field in 'cut and spread' condition up to maximum period of two weeks (14 days) from harvesting for the sole purpose of drying.
- On-account claim payment is made to the farmer in case of prevented sowing and localized losses.
- The use of technology will be encouraged to a great extent under this scheme. Smart phones will be used to capture and upload data of crop cutting to reduce the delays in claim payment to farmers. Remote sensing will also be used under this scheme to reduce the number of crop cutting experiments.
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.