Answered on March 27,2019
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana are provided below.
- Farmer's contribution to premium is reduced significantly i.e. 2% for Kharif crops, 1.5% for Rabi crops and 5% for Annual and Commercial crops.
- Provision to assess the losses individually in case of localized perils such as hailstorm, inundation and landslide.
- Assessment of yield loss on individual plot basis in case of occurrence of cyclone, cyclonic rains and unseasonal rains throughout the country resulting in damage to harvested crop lying in the field in 'cut and spread' condition up to maximum period of two weeks (14 days) from harvesting for the sole purpose of drying.
- On-account claim payment is made to the farmer in case of prevented sowing and localized losses.
- The use of technology will be encouraged to a great extent under this scheme. Smart phones will be used to capture and upload data of crop cutting to reduce the delays in claim payment to farmers. Remote sensing will also be used under this scheme to reduce the number of crop cutting experiments.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Gujarat Voter List 2024 - Search By Name, DownloadEmpowering citizens to exercise their democratic rights is crucial, especially in the vibrant state of Gujarat. This concise guide offers clear steps for downloading the voter list, searchi..
Click here to get a detailed guide