Answered on April 04,2019
Benefits of Jeevan Jyothi Beema Yojana are as follows.
- Death Benefit- In case of demise of the insured person the PMJJBY provides a death coverage of Rs 2,00,000 to the beneficiary of the policy.
- Maturity Benefit- As this is pure term insurance plan, PMJJBY does not offer any maturity or surrender benefit.
- Tax Benefit- The premium paid towards the policy is eligible for tax deduction under section 80Cof Income Tax Act. In case the insurance holder fails to submit form 15 G/15 H then any life insurance proceeds exceeding Rs. 1,00,000 will be taxable by 2%..
- Risk Coverage- PMJJBY provides a risk coverage of 1 year. Nevertheless, as this is renewable policy it can be renewed yearly. Moreover, the policyholder can also opt for a longer duration more than a year by auto debit option linked to your saving bank account.
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.