Answered on September 25,2021
Depends on your need , if you have large amount of money and want regular uninterrupted income .
Please note that you are buying insurance of the interest rate .
In 2008 , interest rate was 9 % and today interest rate is 5% . So anyone who bought Jeevan Akshay in 2008 would still be getting regular income at the rare of 9% though interest rates have fallen .
So Akshay is a good annuity product , you can choose annuity option as per your need .
Think you are buying insurance of the interest rate .
Just remember , you have no right on the lump sum amount and you can not withdraw or liquidate that .
- How can I login in the LIC customer portal for the first time? Where do I find and enter details? Write Answer
- What is the difference between an LIC agent and an LIC advisor? Write Answer
- What is the best LIC plan for my 55-year-old mother? Write Answer
- How to claim a policy if an LIC agent dies? Write Answer
- How can I change my bank account in my LIC policy? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.