Answered on March 27,2019
The Actuarial Premium Rate (APR) would be charged under PMFBY by implementing agency (IA). The rate of Insurance Charges payable by the farmer will be as per the following table:
|Season||Crops||Maximum Insurance charges payable by farmer (% of Sum Insured)|
|Kharif||All foodgrain and Oilseeds crops(all Cereals, Millets, Pulses and Oilseeds crops)||2.0% of SI or Actuarial rate, whichever is less|
|Rabi||All foodgrain and Oilseeds crops(all Cereals, Millets, Pulses and Oilseeds crops)||1.5% of SI or Actuarial rate, whichever is less|
|Kharif and Rabi||Annual Commercial / Annual Horticultural crops||5.0% of SI or Actuarial rate, whichever is less|
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.