Answered on December 17,2017
If you find any mistake/error in the particulars printed in the passport booklet as per the application form submitted, please return the passport for necessary rectification. Any additional fees required to be paid would depend solely on merit of the case as decided by the Assistant Passport Officer /Passport Issuing Authority.
Answered on January 30,2018
To make changes in your name in the passport, you have to apply for "Re-issue" of passport in passport seva website.
- Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/..
- Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered Login Id.
- Click "Re -issue of Passport" link.
- Fill in the required details in the form and submit
Documents required to be submitted varies depending on whether you want to change your name due to addition/change to name or addition/deletion of surname due to marriage/divorce/re-marriage/seperation etc.
Please click on the following link to check the documents required for "Re-issue" of passport.
- Is passport available on the Digilocker app?
- Can I make a rental agreement of my previous rental house in which I am no longer staying? That is a document showing that I lived there for a certain period of time as a proof to show to passport authorities?
- I have lost my 10th marksheet and birth certificate. How can I apply for the passport?
- Can I use my 10th and 12th marksheet in digilocker as verification document for fresh passport issuance?
- I did not add my 10th mark sheet to my passport. but I want to add it and I'm unaware of the procedure. How to add my 10th mark sheet and change my ENCR ?
- I don't have mark sheet. I have studied 5th standard. I want the emigration of passport. How to get it?
- I have only adhaar card and passport. But I want voter card and ration card. How to get it?