There is a  spelling mistake of my name in the passport. What should I do?

Unni Unni
Answered on December 17,2017

If you find any mistake/error in the particulars printed in the passport booklet as per the application form submitted, please return the passport for necessary rectification. Any additional fees required to be paid would depend solely on merit of the case as decided by the Assistant Passport Officer /Passport Issuing Authority.

Costa Costa
Answered on January 30,2018

To make changes in your name in the passport, you have to apply for "Re-issue" of passport in passport seva website.

  • Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal
  • Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered Login Id.
  • Click "Re -issue of Passport" link.
  • Fill in the required details in the form and submit

Documents required to be submitted varies depending on whether you want to change your name due to  addition/change to name or addition/deletion of surname due to marriage/divorce/re-marriage/seperation etc.

Please click on the following link to check the documents required for "Re-issue" of passport.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question


How to get Passport in India? - Online Application, Police Verification,Tracking & Delivery

A passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country's government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of internationa..
  Click here to get a detailed guide