Answered on August 06,2019
Road tax to be paid in Karnataka depends on the following factors.
Vehicle Purchase date: Higher the age of vehicle, lesser the road tax you need to pay.
Vehicle Type (2 Wheeler/4 Wheeler)
Whether the vehicle is electric vehicle or not.
So if you know all this factors, you can calculate the road tax from the below link.
Answered on August 06,2019
Step by step instruction to apply for road tax is provided below.
Find the nearest RTO as per your residential zone. Bangalore is divided into multiple zones and every zone has dedicated RTO.
Calculate the tax amount: Road Tax or Life Time Tax (LTT) is calculated based on the price of the vehicle,age of vehicle and its cubic capacity. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser LTT you need to pay.
Check this link to calculate the road tax to be paid in Bangalore.
Fill the FORM 14. This form is required for paying road tax. The Original Invoice should be accompanied with this.
After this, deposit the required amount in the cash counter. If tax is less than INR 3000, payment can be made over the counter. If tax is more than INR 3000, a demand draft for the tax amount needs to be paid in favor of RTO.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- How much tax I need to pay for transferring my 2 wheeler scooter costing 56600, purchased 10 years back in Pune, Maharashtra to Vijayapura in Karnataka? Write Answer
- How can I use a non-gear scooter with a Chhattisgarh (CG) registration number in Pune, Maharashtra, while keeping the ownership in my relative's name? What is the RTO process for this situation? Write Answer
- What is the process to re-register my bike from Pune to Hyderabad if I have the NOC obtained in October 2019 but couldn't complete the re-registration? Write Answer
- Do I need to obtain an RC extract or a state transfer certificate for my bike with a capacity above 300cc that I brought to Maharashtra six months ago? If so, what will be the amount of road tax that I need to pay in Maharashtra? Write Answer
- I have taken my car to Pune and my car registration is from Kolkata. What to do? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.