Answered on August 06,2019
Road tax to be paid in Karnataka depends on the following factors.
Vehicle Purchase date: Higher the age of vehicle, lesser the road tax you need to pay.
Vehicle Type (2 Wheeler/4 Wheeler)
Whether the vehicle is electric vehicle or not.
So if you know all this factors, you can calculate the road tax from the below link.
Answered on August 06,2019
Step by step instruction to apply for road tax is provided below.
Find the nearest RTO as per your residential zone. Bangalore is divided into multiple zones and every zone has dedicated RTO.
Calculate the tax amount: Road Tax or Life Time Tax (LTT) is calculated based on the price of the vehicle,age of vehicle and its cubic capacity. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser LTT you need to pay.
Check this link to calculate the road tax to be paid in Bangalore.
Fill the FORM 14. This form is required for paying road tax. The Original Invoice should be accompanied with this.
After this, deposit the required amount in the cash counter. If tax is less than INR 3000, payment can be made over the counter. If tax is more than INR 3000, a demand draft for the tax amount needs to be paid in favor of RTO.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- I got Bike NOC from Pune in Dec 2019 to re-register in Chennai. Soon, Pandemic started. Later moved to my hometown Andhra Pradesh. Now, I would like to go back to Chennai & register my bike. What are the cost-effective options available for me? Write Answer
- I have booked choice number for Private four wheeler on 20.06.2022 in MH 11 and paid Rs. 5000. Now understood the intended vehicle will not be available for at least a moth.Can i surrender choice number and what are the process for the same? Write Answer
- My bike is registered in Nagpur RTO and I work in Bangalore. I need to take my bike to Bangalore for 6 months. Do I need to take a NOC from Nagpur RTO to use my bike in Bangalore? Write Answer
- How should I obtain NOC for my bike from Bangalore to Pune? Write Answer
- What is the process to use Kerala registered car in Mumbai? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.