Answered on August 06,2019
Road tax to be paid in Karnataka depends on the following factors.
Vehicle Purchase date: Higher the age of vehicle, lesser the road tax you need to pay.
Vehicle Type (2 Wheeler/4 Wheeler)
Whether the vehicle is electric vehicle or not.
So if you know all this factors, you can calculate the road tax from the below link.
Answered on August 06,2019
Step by step instruction to apply for road tax is provided below.
Find the nearest RTO as per your residential zone. Bangalore is divided into multiple zones and every zone has dedicated RTO.
Calculate the tax amount: Road Tax or Life Time Tax (LTT) is calculated based on the price of the vehicle,age of vehicle and its cubic capacity. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser LTT you need to pay.
Check this link to calculate the road tax to be paid in Bangalore.
Fill the FORM 14. This form is required for paying road tax. The Original Invoice should be accompanied with this.
After this, deposit the required amount in the cash counter. If tax is less than INR 3000, payment can be made over the counter. If tax is more than INR 3000, a demand draft for the tax amount needs to be paid in favor of RTO.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- What's the timeline and process to get refund of Road Tax from Gurgaon, Haryana? I have already registered my 4 wheeler vehicle in Maharashtra. Write Answer
- I've applied for fitness renewal online. I've RC insurance and PUC. What are other documents needed while taking the vehicle to the RTO in Maharashtra? Write Answer
- I took NOC for scooter from Pune to the wrong RTO office in Chennai where my residence doesn't comes under it. What can I do further to reregister my scooter in the right RTO office? Write Answer
- I bought NOC from Pune to Chennai. The only option in Chennai while applying online was Chennai North RTO. Now RTO office in sholinganallur states that the vehicle can't be re registered with the same. What can I do to change the RTO office name? Write Answer
- I bought a used car from Mumbai. I got the NOC made by the previous owner from MH01 to TN07. Since the car is being transferred to my name after purchase, once I pay Road Tax for the car, will I get reimbursement from the MH01 RTO? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.