Answered on January 04,2019
Procedure of car transfer from Patna to Thane
As you need to transfer your car from Patna to Thana, you need to follow the RTO guidelines of Government of Maharashtra.As per the Motor Vehicle Acts of different States, if you take your car from home State (Bihar)to any other State, you need to get it re-registered within 6–12 months from the date of arrival in to migrated State (Maharashtra). So if you are moving for a short duration, say less than 6 months, then there is no need for change of registration number. You can pay road tax in the migrated State and use it. Please note that for paying road tax, NOC is not required. NOC is required only in case of vehicle re-registration and ownership transfer.
If you are planning to stay in Thane for a long time , you need to get it re-registered in Thane.For re-registration of vehicle in Thane, you need to get NOC from RTO where car is registered (RTO in Patna) and pay Road Tax in Thane. Road tax is calculated based on the price of vehicle and also on the age of vehicle. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser road tax you need to pay. You will get Registration Certificate of your Vehicle and New Vehicle Number from RTO in Maharashtra in 3-4 weeks.
Charges for car transfer
Charges for NOC for car transfer: NOC is free of charge. However, a self-addressed envelope with stamps of required worth should be affixed with form to speed post the RC book once NOC is cleared.
Road Tax : Road tax is calculated based on the price of vehicle and also on the age of vehicle.
Charges may vary if you go by agents.
- After retirement, I shifted my self from Bhagalpur to Patna in Bihar. Is no objection from Bhagalpur RTO needed for my Indica Vista Quadarjet car registered in January 2012?
- In the process to change name, an Individual needs to endorse his/her sign three to four times. Please tell me which sign, the signature that is according to old name or as per new name or both signs required?
- ഞാൻ ബീഹാറിൽ നിന്നും ഒരു LMV ടിപ്പർ vangichu sreeram financil നിന്നുമാണ് വാങ്ങിച്ചത് pappers എല്ലാം കയ്യിൽ ഉണ്ട് ഒരു വർഷം ആയി വാങ്ങിയിട്ട് ഞാൻ n o c എടുക്കുമ്പോൾ ആദ്യത്തെ owner ആവശ്യമുണ്ടോ?
- My Economically Weaker Section Certificate has been issued (in bihar) but I am not able to download the certificate in Digilocker. Digilocker says certificate is not available in issuer database. Same is the case with my Residential and Income certificate too. Why?
- My car registration is from Trivandrum, Kerala and taken NOC for Chennai for 2 years but now it expired the stay for a period of 2 year in Chennai due to covid and now car is in chennai. Now planning to move my car from Chennai to Patna, Bihar and want to transfer the registration from Kerala to Bihar. What to do?
- My vehicle is registered with Ranchi RTO any my accident happened in Sitamarhi district of Bihar.Currently my damaged vehicle is parked at Patna.How to cancel my RC?Which MVI would cancel my RC?
- Is original invoice compulsory for re-registration of the vehicle ?
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.