Answered on February 22,2019
NOC is a No Objection Certificate issued from the regional RTO, where you have registered your vehicle , stating that there are no dues of tax on the vehicle. NOC is required at time of
- Vehicle Re-registration: As per the regulations, you are required to apply for a vehicle re-registration when you are moving to another state for more than a year. The application for change of address and re-registration needs an NOC from the local R.T.O where you got your vehicle registered.
- Ownership Transfer: NOC is required when you sell your bike or transfer the ownership of bike to another person.
If you want to transfer the ownership of bike from your father to your name, you can get an NOC. Step to obtain NOC is provided below.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- What is the penalty on the lapse in renewal of registration in Bangalore this year? Write Answer
- Need help in getting NOC for car registered in Khairatabad for my friend who is in Chennai. Is it poosible to get without the car owner's presence? Write Answer
- I have bike owned by my brother who moved to USA and parked it at my place. It has been a long time like almost 10 years now and the vehicle is still not transferred. I have all docs like NOC from old RTO etc and now he want to sell the vehicle. Can we have the vehicle registration done for Delhi now and if yes what process and charges will be involved. Write Answer
- Do I need to obtain an RC extract or a state transfer certificate for my bike with a capacity above 300cc that I brought to Maharashtra six months ago? If so, what will be the amount of road tax that I need to pay in Maharashtra? Write Answer
- How to get my bike registered in Bangalore after NOC from pune is expired? I have NOC from Pune which I got many years back but failed to get the bike registered in Bangalore. I want to dispose the bike properly. Write Answer
Top contributors this week
PGN Property Management
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.