Answered on March 30,2019
There is no limit to the loan amount, however interest subsidy will be calculated on a maximum of Rs. 6 lacs for EWS/LIG, Rs. 9 lacs for MIG I and Rs. 12 lacs for MIG II.
Also, there is no limit to the property value but there is a limit to the carpet area for each of the category.
The carpet area of houses being constructed or enhanced under this component of the mission should be up to 30 square metres and 60 square metres for Economicaly Weaker Section (EWS) and Low Income Group (LIG), respectively in order to avail of this credit linked subsidy. The beneficiary, at his/her discretion, can build a house of larger area but interest subvention would be limited to first Rs. 6 lakh only.
The maximum carpet area of the dwelling unit is 120 sq.m./1291.67 sq. feet for MIG I category and 150 sq.m./1614.59 sq. feet for MIG II category.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.