Answered on February 23,2020
This is not valid because the list of Castes is State specific. As such a member of SC/ST/OBC is eligible for benefits in his state of origin only. A member of Backward Community, who migrates to other State is not entitled to get benefits, from the state of migration.
Moreover, there are cases where my caste may be considered as OBC/SC/ST in my home state, but in the migrated state it might not be considered as part of a backward community. So it is better to give caste certificate and domicile of the same state that is either your home state or migrated state.
- When I applied for Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in Kerala, they request me to upload a copy of the income tax return. Why?
- I am not aware of my parents details. How will I able to get an OBC Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in Kerala?
- My father is a farmer. How do I get my father's Income Certificate in Kerala?
- Is Non-Creamy Layer Certificate mandatory for OBC Muslims in Kerala?
- I am an OBC Muslim in Kerala. My father is a Municipality overseer. Will I get a Non-Creamy Layer Certificate if I apply through Akshaya Centres? What are the documents to produce?
- I am a Keralite. My mother is SC. My father is a Nair. If I marry a Nair girl, will I get my mother's caste? In which category our children will be?
- How many days will it take to get the Caste and Community certificate in Kerala?