Answered on February 23,2020
This is not valid because the list of Castes is State specific. As such a member of SC/ST/OBC is eligible for benefits in his state of origin only. A member of Backward Community, who migrates to other State is not entitled to get benefits, from the state of migration.
Moreover, there are cases where my caste may be considered as OBC/SC/ST in my home state, but in the migrated state it might not be considered as part of a backward community. So it is better to give caste certificate and domicile of the same state that is either your home state or migrated state.
- Who will be eligible to be issued the Residence/Domicile as well as Caste/Tribe certificates?
- What are the points/facts/factors taken into account by the competent authority while issuing residence/ domicile and caste/Tribe certificates?
- My caste certificates is in my college. And I want to apply for my ecet entrance application which can't be done without my caste certificate.And there are no xerox of caste certificate in my home. So can I get a caste certificate or xerox of caste certificate in online?
- My daughter's caste certificate and caste validity certificate both have spelling mistakes in name, her all educational documents Aadhar PAN Domicile certificate has correct name, what is the procedure to do the needful, spelling mistakes in name may occur any problems?
- My ST caste certificate is issued by the Government of Karnataka, as my parents belong to Karnataka. I have completed my 12th standard from Maharashtra state. So my domicile is of Maharashtra state. I had given Jee mains January exam and wanted to ask you that can I get admission in any NIT College through my category rank. And during counseling for the NIT colleges will they take my caste certificate into consideration which is issued by Karnataka state?
- My ST caste certificate is issued by the Government of Karnataka, as my parents belong to Karnataka. I have completed my 12th standard from Maharashtra state. My father is in Maharashtra since 25 years. I was born in Pune, Maharashtra. So my domicile is of Maharashtra state. I had given MHT-CET exam and wanted to ask you that can I get admission in any COEP , VIT through my category rank. And during counseling for these colleges will they take my caste certificate into consideration which is issued by Karnataka state?
- My application for the caste/community certificate for my daughter is rejected owing to the failure of submitting her father's caste certificate. Her father is from Karnataka and mother is from Kerala and she is born and brought up in Kerala and stayed throughout with her mother. In Karnataka, Muslims who belong to the general category are not given caste certificate. What should I do to get the caste certificate for my daughter?