Answered on February 23,2020
This is not valid because the list of Castes is State specific. As such a member of SC/ST/OBC is eligible for benefits in his state of origin only. A member of Backward Community, who migrates to other State is not entitled to get benefits, from the state of migration.
Moreover, there are cases where my caste may be considered as OBC/SC/ST in my home state, but in the migrated state it might not be considered as part of a backward community. So it is better to give caste certificate and domicile of the same state that is either your home state or migrated state.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.