Home > RTO works questions > I want to transfer my motorcycle from New Delhi to my hometown Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh what is the process please guide me thanks

I want to transfer my motorcycle from New Delhi to my hometown Hamirpur Himachal Pradesh what is the process please guide me thanks




Procedure to transfer bike from Delhi to Himachal Pradesh

I am assuming you bought your motor cycle from Delhi.

As you need to transfer your bike from Delhi to Himachal Pradesh, you need to follow the RTO guidelines of Government of Himachal Pradesh.As per the Motor Vehicle Acts of different States, if you take your bike from home State (Delhi)to any other State (Himachal Pradesh), you need to get it re-registered within 6–12 months from the date of arrival into migrated State (Himachal Pradesh). So if you are moving for a short duration, say less than 6 months, then there is no need for change of registration number. You can pay road tax in the migrated State and use it. Please note that for paying road tax, NOC is not required. NOC is required only in case of vehicle re-registration and ownership transfer.

If you are planning to stay in Himachal Pradesh for a long time , you need to get it re-registered in Himachal Pradesh.For re-registration of vehicle in Himachal Pradesh, you need to get NOC from RTO where bike is registered (RTO in Delhi) and pay Road Tax in Himachal Pradesh. Road tax is calculated based on the price of vehicle and also on the age of vehicle. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser road tax you need to pay. You will get Registration Certificate of your Vehicle and New Vehicle Number from RTO in Himachal Pradesh in 3-4 weeks.

Steps involved in obtaining NOC are provided below.


RTO works - Recently Asked Questions

I am planning to bring my car in Bangalore. My car is having Jharkhand registered number (JH01). I don't want to re-register my car here as I will keep my car here for maximum of 3 years. What is the procedure to get my car here in Bangalore without going for registration. I spoke to RTO in my native and they told once NOC is issued against the car then it will be difficult to bring it back to Jharkhand. Is paying only road tax in Bangalore serve my purpose without being penalised by the traffic police in case they check my documents if caught? Is it possible to pay the road tax on yearly basis in Bangalore? It will be helpful if anyone can share me the complete procedure for car movement.

I bought a bike in olx and the owner produced all documents leaving NOC. Now I can't transfer the RC into my name. Would I get my NOC from bajaj finance if I go and ask.

I dont have NOC with me. Can i pay road tax in Bangalore ?

I have taken NOC from Pune RTO for Noida registration in 2016, but due to some issue NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO. But they mentioned that NOC was not used. Now don't want NOC for any other state. So is it necessary to cancel the NOC? Is my vehicle still registered with Pune RTO? Do I have to re-register my vehicle? What will be the cost if so?

I want to transfer my car from Haryana (HR 51) to Bangalore. But when I go for NOC, RTO at Haryana is not refunding the propotional road tax which I paid at the timeof purchase of vehicle.

How to transfer the ownership of vehicle bought 2 years ago in Punjab, but to a different city ?

Top RTO works Agents in Bangalore