Answered on March 23,2019
Procedure to transfer bike from Delhi to Himachal Pradesh
I am assuming you bought your motor cycle from Delhi.
As you need to transfer your bike from Delhi to Himachal Pradesh, you need to follow the RTO guidelines of Government of Himachal Pradesh.As per the Motor Vehicle Acts of different States, if you take your bike from home State (Delhi)to any other State (Himachal Pradesh), you need to get it re-registered within 6–12 months from the date of arrival into migrated State (Himachal Pradesh). So if you are moving for a short duration, say less than 6 months, then there is no need for change of registration number. You can pay road tax in the migrated State and use it. Please note that for paying road tax, NOC is not required. NOC is required only in case of vehicle re-registration and ownership transfer.
If you are planning to stay in Himachal Pradesh for a long time , you need to get it re-registered in Himachal Pradesh.For re-registration of vehicle in Himachal Pradesh, you need to get NOC from RTO where bike is registered (RTO in Delhi) and pay Road Tax in Himachal Pradesh. Road tax is calculated based on the price of vehicle and also on the age of vehicle. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser road tax you need to pay. You will get Registration Certificate of your Vehicle and New Vehicle Number from RTO in Himachal Pradesh in 3-4 weeks.
Steps involved in obtaining NOC are provided below.
- What are the charges for cancelation of non-utilized noc issued by RTO Bhubaneswar to Delhi to? Write Answer
- What is the procedure of renewal of RC of car after 15 years in Delhi? Write Answer
- We have a car in my Father's name and registered in Delhi. We shifted from Delhi to Bengaluru & wanted NOC for change of registration from Delhi to Karnataka. However, my Father who stays with me does not have an address proof of Bengaluru.What to do? Write Answer
- How many days to get noc for goods vehicle from delhi burari rto to karnataka rto ? Write Answer
- In gujarat rto, i applied for both mcwg and lmv. But gave the test of mcwg only. Will i get license of mcwg? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.