Answered on March 23,2019
Procedure to transfer bike from Delhi to Himachal Pradesh
I am assuming you bought your motor cycle from Delhi.
As you need to transfer your bike from Delhi to Himachal Pradesh, you need to follow the RTO guidelines of Government of Himachal Pradesh.As per the Motor Vehicle Acts of different States, if you take your bike from home State (Delhi)to any other State (Himachal Pradesh), you need to get it re-registered within 6–12 months from the date of arrival into migrated State (Himachal Pradesh). So if you are moving for a short duration, say less than 6 months, then there is no need for change of registration number. You can pay road tax in the migrated State and use it. Please note that for paying road tax, NOC is not required. NOC is required only in case of vehicle re-registration and ownership transfer.
If you are planning to stay in Himachal Pradesh for a long time , you need to get it re-registered in Himachal Pradesh.For re-registration of vehicle in Himachal Pradesh, you need to get NOC from RTO where bike is registered (RTO in Delhi) and pay Road Tax in Himachal Pradesh. Road tax is calculated based on the price of vehicle and also on the age of vehicle. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser road tax you need to pay. You will get Registration Certificate of your Vehicle and New Vehicle Number from RTO in Himachal Pradesh in 3-4 weeks.
Steps involved in obtaining NOC are provided below.
- Re registration of 22 yrs old bullet from Hyderabad, RC expired in 2015. And the bike is in delhi. And the noc was issued once in 2010 but noc not registered. What to do? Write Answer
- How much does it cost to change Delhi registered vehicle to KR Puram RTO? Write Answer
- How do I get a fitness/registeration certificate in Delhi for a 15 year old petrol car in Delhi? The car is in prime/top/mint condition. Write Answer
- I bought Toyota fortuner 2013 model car from Delhi to hyd .and I have paid life tax of Telangana state and got registered in this state . Now I need to get refund of my taxation amount from Delhi . Can any one plz guide me how get refund Or is there is any RTA agent how can do my work .plz provide me contact number.ty Write Answer
- What are the charges for cancelation of non-utilized noc issued by RTO Bhubaneswar to Delhi to? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.