Answered on January 04,2019
Procedure for transfer of bike
In your case, there are two things involved.When you buy the bike, you need to transfer ownership of bike and then when you transfer it to Pune, you need to get it re-registered there.
1. Ownership Transfer
As ownership is being transfered, you need to get NOC from RTO in Delhi where the vehicle is registered. After getting NOC, you need to apply for ownership transfer in migrated state (Maharashtra). You will receive updated RC book in 3-4 weeks
2. Vehicle Re-registration
As you need to transfer your bike from Delhi to Pune, you need to follow the RTO guidelines of Government of Maharashtra.As per the Motor Vehicle Acts of different States, if you take your bike from home State (Delhi)to any other State, you need to get it re-registered within 6–12 months from the date of arrival in to migrated State (Maharashtra). So if you are moving for a short duration, say less than 6 months, then there is no need for change of registration number. You can pay road tax in the migrated State and use it. Please note that for paying road tax, NOC is not required. NOC is required only in case of vehicle re-registration and ownership transfer.
If you are planning to stay in Pune for a long time , you need to get it re-registered in Pune.For re-registration of vehicle in Pune, you need to get NOC from RTO where bike is registered and pay Road Tax in Pune. Road tax is calculated based on the price of vehicle and also on the age of vehicle. Life time of vehicle is assumed to be 15 years, so older your vehicle, lesser road tax you need to pay. After paying road tax, you will get Registration Certificate of your Vehicle and New Vehicle Number from RTO in Maharashtra in 3-4 weeks.
Price of transfer (Approx)
Charges for NOC for Vehicle Transfer/Ownership Trasfer : NOC is free of charge. However, a self-addressed envelope with stamps of required worth should be affixed with form to speed post the RC book once NOC is cleared.
Road Tax : Road tax is calculated based on the price of vehicle and also on the age of vehicle.
Ownership transfer charges : INR 30 - 50 for 2 wheelers
These charges are approximate and is based on the assumption that you will do everything by yourself. If you go by agents, they will charge more.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Other State Vehicle in Maharashtra: RTO Rules, NOC, Address Change, Road Tax, RegistrationWhen you take a vehicle from any other State to Maharashtra, you need to do either or all of the following based on your period of stay in Maharashtra. Get NOC Certificate from Oth..
Click here to get a detailed guide
Sarthi Parivahan Sewa 2023- Driving License, Vehicle InformationThe Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has been instrumental in automating more than 1300 Road Transport Offices (RTOs) nationwide. These RTOs issue essential documents, inclu..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- I am moving to Pune from Delhi. Applying for NOC in Delhi RTO. After getting approval for NOC. In which address they would send the NOC and RC book? Would they send at old address which is in delhi or at new address which is in pune? Write Answer
- NOC was issued to Pune RTO from Delhi but now I want to cancel the NOC as vehicle is not registered in Pune. What is the procedure? Write Answer
- My car was registered in Delhi. While moving to Mumbai in 2018, I got NOC from there but couldn't re-register it in Mumbai. Now I'm willing to sell it, but everyone ask for NOC, which I lost. Now what to do? Write Answer
- NOC for my car issued by Delhi RTO to Pune RTO as I shifted to Pune. Due to lockdown, I could not do it. It's issue date is February 2020 and then lockdown started. Does my NOC stand valid now in December 2020? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.