I have a swift LDI 2008 registered in Delhi. I purchased it in 2017 year based on an affidavit and got NOC issued from RTO Delhi for  RTO in Alwar(Rajasthan). Somehow I couldn't get it re-registered at Jaipur RTO. Till date the ownership is not in my name. Now is there any way to get the ownership transferred to my name in Delhi or Alwar. I have insurance, RC, Affidavit, Pollution & NOC. Pls suggest some way.

Ankit Ankit
Answered on March 15,2020

Normally NOC has a validity of 6 months. So if you are planning to re-register your vehicle or transfer the ownership of vehicle, you have to do it within 6 months. As you have crossed the validity period, you need to get a Non- Utilization Certificate from RTO in Rajasthan.

Step 1: Get Non - Utilization Certificate

Non-utilization certificate is an official statement from the RTO in Rajasthan stating that your vehicle is not re-registered in that state.

Once you get the Non-utilization certificate, you need to go to RTO in Delhi and cancel the NOC issued to you. For cancelling NOC, you need the following documents.

  • A letter requesting Non-utilization certificate

  • Original RC book

  • Valid Insurance copy

  • PUC certificate copy

  • Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work was done using that vehicle

  • Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office of the migrated state

  • Original NOC documents

  • ID proof

Step 2: Once you cancel the NOC, you need to obtain a new NOC from RTO where your vehicle is registered at time of 2017.

Following documents are required to obtain NOC from RTO where the vehicle is registered. 

  • CMV FORM 28 in quadruplicate (4 copies) for issue of No Objection Certificate

  • Registration certificate

  • Insurance certificate

  • Pollution Under Control certificate

  • Consent of Financier on CMV form 28 (if the vehicle is covered by Hypothecation, HPA or a lease agreement)

  • Permit and fitness certificate (applicable for commercial vehicles)

  • Pencil print of the chassis number for the CMV 28 form

  • Photo identity and address proof

Once you submit all the applications, RTO will obtain a report of the vehicle from police authority to check if the vehicle is involved in any criminal case or stolen. If there are no incidence, then a clearance certificate will be issued. NOC application is free of charge.

Step 3: Once you have obtained NOC, apply for ownership transfer at new RTO using the following documents.

  • Form No. CMV 29 (Notice Of Transfer Of Ownership Of A Motor Vehicle) in duplicate

  • If the vehicle is covered under Hypothecation/HPA/Lease, Form no. CMV 30(Application for Intimation and Transfer of Ownership of a motor vehicle) shall be produced in duplicate with the consent of financier.

  • Original RC book

  • Insurance copy

  • Copy of Pollution Under Control Certificate

  • Copy of address proof

  • Copy of PAN card

  • One passport size photograph of the person who buys the vehicle

  • Self-addressed clothed envelope with stamps of required worth affixed on it for speed post

You will receive the RC book in 3-4 weeks.

Parul Parul
Answered on June 25,2019

The process is very complicated. It is better you hire some agent in Delhi to do it for you.

Hey , can you help?
Answer this question