Answered on May 20,2018
Following forms are required for re-registration of your car in Bangalore.
- FORM 28
Before you bring your car to Bangalore, NOC from parent RTO is required to be obtained. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the original Registered Transport Office in Form 28 is to be taken. This form is to request parent RTO for NOC.
- FORM KMV- T – 14
This form is required for Life Time Tax (LTT) calculation. The Original Invoice and NOC should be accompanied with this.
- Form KMV 27
This form is required for informing RTO about migration of your vehicle to Karnataka.
- Form CMV 33
This form is required for informing RTO about change of address of your vehicle.
- Form CMV 27
This form is required for obtaining the Karnataka Registration mark.
- State Crime Record Bureau (SCRB) report – can be obtained from 7th Floor, MS Building, KR Circle and costs about Rs 20
- RC book
- Tax card with proof of payment of tax
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
- Consent of financier (if applicable)
- Fitness Certificate and permit in case of transport vehicle
- Purchase invoice (for RTO to arrive at tax amount)
- Three passport size photographs
- ID Proof of applicant (Pan card/Voter ID card/Passport ID/Ration card)
- Present Address Proof (Rental agreement, Employee contract letter)
- Electricity or telephone bill of local premises
- Self addressed postal envelope with adequate stampage (for RTO to mail documents)
- Form KMV 14 –This form is required for payment of tax. If tax is less than INR 3000, payment can be made over the counter. If tax is more than INR 3000, a demand draft for the tax amount needs to be paid in favor of RTO.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- Do I need noc for my kerala registration bike to use in Mumbai? Write Answer
- I'm riding a bike which has MH passing registration in Maharashtra and my plan is to move to other state (Karnataka) for two years only and then come back to Maharashtra again. In that case what to do? Can I ride freely there without any worry? Or do I need to pay Karnataka state road taxes? Also I'm not eligible to get BH registration. Write Answer
- I moved to Pune few months back and I want my bike here. It is registered on my name in Gurgaon with HR number. Can i use in Pune without re-registration. Do I need NOC or any other documents? Or I can directly take my bike and use? Write Answer
- How to change the registered name with fancy number at RTO ? I got my fancy number at Mumbai RTO 3 days back, while entering the details the clerk made a spelling mistake and the same got registered. Write Answer
- What's the timeline and process to get refund of Road Tax from Gurgaon, Haryana? I have already registered my 4 wheeler vehicle in Maharashtra. Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Start Any Business
MIVA Real Estate
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.