I am from Mumbai and got transferred to Bangalore. I need to bring my car to Bangalore. What forms are required for re-registration of my car in Bangalore?
Following forms are required for re-registration of your car in Bangalore.
- FORM 28
Before you bring your car to Bangalore, NOC from parent RTO is required to be obtained. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the original Registered Transport Office in Form 28 is to be taken. This form is to request parent RTO for NOC.
- FORM KMV- T – 14
This form is required for Life Time Tax (LTT) calculation. The Original Invoice and NOC should be accompanied with this.
- Form KMV 27
This form is required for informing RTO about migration of your vehicle to Karnataka.
- Form CMV 33
This form is required for informing RTO about change of address of your vehicle.
- Form CMV 27
This form is required for obtaining the Karnataka Registration mark.
- State Crime Record Bureau (SCRB) report – can be obtained from 7th Floor, MS Building, KR Circle and costs about Rs 20
- RC book
- Tax card with proof of payment of tax
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
- Consent of financier (if applicable)
- Fitness Certificate and permit in case of transport vehicle
- Purchase invoice (for RTO to arrive at tax amount)
- Three passport size photographs
- ID Proof of applicant (Pan card/Voter ID card/Passport ID/Ration card)
- Present Address Proof (Rental agreement, Employee contract letter)
- Electricity or telephone bill of local premises
- Self addressed postal envelope with adequate stampage (for RTO to mail documents)
- Form KMV 14 –This form is required for payment of tax. If tax is less than INR 3000, payment can be made over the counter. If tax is more than INR 3000, a demand draft for the tax amount needs to be paid in favor of RTO.
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
I am planning to bring my car in Bangalore. My car is having Jharkhand registered number (JH01). I don't want to re-register my car here as I will keep my car here for maximum of 3 years. What is the procedure to get my car here in Bangalore without going for registration. I spoke to RTO in my native and they told once NOC is issued against the car then it will be difficult to bring it back to Jharkhand. Is paying only road tax in Bangalore serve my purpose without being penalised by the traffic police in case they check my documents if caught? Is it possible to pay the road tax on yearly basis in Bangalore? It will be helpful if anyone can share me the complete procedure for car movement.
I have taken NOC from Pune RTO for Noida registration in 2016, but due to some issue NOC was not accepted by Noida RTO. But they mentioned that NOC was not used. Now don't want NOC for any other state. So is it necessary to cancel the NOC? Is my vehicle still registered with Pune RTO? Do I have to re-register my vehicle? What will be the cost if so?