I am from Maharashtra, currently living in Goa.I want to buy 2nd hand vehicle which is Goa state registered. I only have lease agreement of flat as address proof. But RTO is asking for election card as a proof. So what shall i do to transfer ownership of vehicle on my name?

Fernandes Fernandes
Answered on July 10,2019

Normally, address proof accepted by RTO can be any of the following

  • Ration card

  • Passport

  • LIC Policy

  • Voter ID

  • Telephone Bill

  • Water Bill

  • State or central government issued documents like, income proof, caste certificate, Pay slips.

If you have telephone bill, water bill in your name you can use it.

However, in case of failure in submitting any of the above mentioned documents, applicant can submit a self-affidavit stating that your current residence is in Goa.

Jackson Jackson
Answered on July 10,2019

It is better you reach out to an RTO agent in Goa to resolve it.

Hey , can you help?
Answer this question