Answered on March 04,2018
The type of police verification on which the applicant would be issued passport depends on the decision taken by Passport Office. But the applicant can submit the additional required documents along with the application form to get the passport on No or post-police verification basis. Normal passport applications of all first time applicants furnishing Aadhaar, Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC), Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card or Ration Card and an affidavit in the format of Annexure-E will be processed on Post-Police Verification basis, enabling faster issue of passport, without payment of any additional fees, subject to successful online validation of Aadhaar number. In addition, EPIC and PAN card may also be validated, if required, from the respective databases. The general rules, regulations and procedures pertaining to issue of passports as stipulated in Passports Act and Passports Rule would apply
- Is passport available on the Digilocker app?
- Can I make a rental agreement of my previous rental house in which I am no longer staying? That is a document showing that I lived there for a certain period of time as a proof to show to passport authorities?
- I have lost my 10th marksheet and birth certificate. How can I apply for the passport?
- Can I use my 10th and 12th marksheet in digilocker as verification document for fresh passport issuance?
- I did not add my 10th mark sheet to my passport. but I want to add it and I'm unaware of the procedure. How to add my 10th mark sheet and change my ENCR ?
- What are the procedures to change my name on passport ?
- Is it possible to change my signature in passport ?