Answered on March 04,2018
The type of police verification on which the applicant would be issued passport depends on the decision taken by Passport Office. But the applicant can submit the additional required documents along with the application form to get the passport on No or post-police verification basis. Normal passport applications of all first time applicants furnishing Aadhaar, Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC), Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card or Ration Card and an affidavit in the format of Annexure-E will be processed on Post-Police Verification basis, enabling faster issue of passport, without payment of any additional fees, subject to successful online validation of Aadhaar number. In addition, EPIC and PAN card may also be validated, if required, from the respective databases. The general rules, regulations and procedures pertaining to issue of passports as stipulated in Passports Act and Passports Rule would apply
- How to make ECNR passport without 10th pass certificate? Write Answer
- I have applied to change my place of birth in passport office. It had been almost 4 months. I have also visited RPO. Yet no response. What to do? Write Answer
- Mera passport gum ho gya hai usko dobara kase apply kru? Write Answer
- My passport application status shows "Application under Review at RPO". How can I track my application status offline? Write Answer
- Can I get my passport number online as I’ve lost my passport and need my passport number to do a tax rebate? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
James Joseph Adhikarathil
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.