Answered on March 04,2018
The type of police verification on which the applicant would be issued passport depends on the decision taken by Passport Office. But the applicant can submit the additional required documents along with the application form to get the passport on No or post-police verification basis. Normal passport applications of all first time applicants furnishing Aadhaar, Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC), Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card or Ration Card and an affidavit in the format of Annexure-E will be processed on Post-Police Verification basis, enabling faster issue of passport, without payment of any additional fees, subject to successful online validation of Aadhaar number. In addition, EPIC and PAN card may also be validated, if required, from the respective databases. The general rules, regulations and procedures pertaining to issue of passports as stipulated in Passports Act and Passports Rule would apply
- How do I edit/correct the misspelling of a name on a minor's passport online application form when the payment is already processed? Write Answer
- I applied for my passport giving my in laws address as i was staying there until 2020. While applying for passport i have the same address. But now the police is creating issues since I don't stay there. What to do? Write Answer
- I received my passport today. And there is just one letter misplaced on my adress. i have to travel in one month. What to do? Write Answer
- Can i get Passport with out study documents as I only have Aadhar and Pan Card? Write Answer
- What to do as I have lost my passport and I don't have any details about my passport? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Start Any Business
MIVA Real Estate
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.