Answered on January 22,2018
Step 1 : Get Scanned copy of following documents :
- Passport Size Photo
- Proof of Identity of Applicant (Self – Attested)
- In case of Indian nationals, PAN is a mandatory requirement for proof of identity
- In case of foreign nationals, passport is a mandatory requirement for proof of identity.
- Address proofs of Applicant (Self – Attested): Passport, Election (Voter Identity) Card, Ration Card, Driving License, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill or Aadhar Card shall be attached and should be in the name of applicant only.
Step 2 : Obtain Digital Signature Certificate
Get Class 2 DSC Certificates from Certifying Authority licensed by Controller of Certifying Authorities
Step 3: Download Form DIR-3 from below link
Step 4: Form Filling
1. Fill the FORM DIR – 3 attaching the scanned documents.
2.The form is to be digitally signed by the Applicant and Practising Professional ( CA/CS/CWA in whole-time practice) or company secretary in full-time employment or director of the company in which the applicant is to be appointed as a director
Step 5 : Register on the MCA21 Portal to obtain login id :
- Click the “Register Now” link on the MCA portal homepage ( http://www.mca.gov.in/mcafoportal/login.do)
- Select appropriate User category and role and fill your personal and contact details.
- Click ‘Create My Account’ button to submit the details for registration.
Step 6 : Form Uploading and Fees Payment :
After obtaining the login-id, login to the MCA21 portal and click on ‘e-Form upload’ link available under the ‘e- Forms’ tab for uploading the e-Form DIR-3.Upon upload, pay the fees ( Rs 500/-) for e-Form DIR-3 , Only electronic payment of the fees shall be allowed.
Step 7 : DIN Generation :
In case Form DIR-3 details have not been identified as potential duplicate, Approved DIN shall be generated and if the details have been identified as potential duplicate, Provisional DIN shall be generated. In case, DIR-3 is a potential duplicate, the MCA DIN cell will examine the e Form DIR-3 and same shall be disposed of within one or two days.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.