Answered on September 02,2019
To get EWS Certificate in Uttar Pradesh, you should satisfy both the income and asset criteria.
Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs and whose family has gross annual income below Rs 8.00 lakh are to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation.
Income shall also include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. for the financial year prior to the year of application.
Also persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income:-
5 acres of agricultural land and above;
Residential at of 1000 sq ft. and above;
Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
The property held by a "Family" in different locations or different places/cities would be clubbed while applying the land. or property holding test to determine EWS status.
The term "Family" for this purpose will include the person who seeks the benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
In order to get EWS certificate, you need to follow the below procedure.
Visit any of the following officers in your area to get Income and Asset Certificate.The Income and Asset Certificate issued 'by any one of the following authorities in the prescribed format shall only be accepted as proof of candidate's claim as 'belonging to EWS.
Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
The Officer who issues the certificate would do the same after carefully verifying all relevant documents following due process as prescribed by the respective State/UT.
Concerned officer will do an inquiry of your income and asset before providing the EWS certificate.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- I live in Lucknow in my grandmother’s house. My father does not own a property here and the house owned by my grandmother would be divided among 6 people. Can I apply for the EWS certificate? Write Answer
- I am from Uttar Pradesh and I am not married. But i have a sibling above 18 years. Can I get ews certificate? Write Answer
- Uttar Pradesh ka ews aur central ka ews same hota hai kya? Write Answer
- Meri sadi ho gyi hai mere ews certificate mai kiska income certificate lagega ? Write Answer
- I have lost ews certificate in up how to know I'd password Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
BLUES AND JACKS OVERSEAS
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.