Answered on September 20,2018
To get caste certificate in Maharashtra you have to visit Tahasildar office in your Taluk. Collect the application for caste certificate and submit it with the required details of your caste and other relevant information to the Taluk office.
You need to attach following documents with application.
- Residence Proof (Ration Card /Rent / Maintenance Receipt / Landline Telephone Bill / Electricity Bill)
- School Leaving Certificate of Candidate.
- Caste Certificate of Parents i.e. Father/Grandfather/Aunty (Father’s Sister)/Uncle (Blood Relation).
You also need to provide an affidavit which states that you belong to particular Caste.
You will get within 21 days of submitting the application.
Answered on January 04,2020
As you have lost caste certificate, you can apply online to get a new caste certificate. Follow the below steps to get caste certificate online.
Log in to Aaple Sarkar website
Choose Revenue Department on the left side of the menu.
Select "Revenue services" as Sub Department.
Select "Caste Certificate".
Select the required category of caste from the dropdown list.
Fill the required details.
Upload the required documents and Submit the form.
You will be provided with an acknowledgment number to track your Caste certificate status.
- There's my ST caste certificate already issued offline by Dy. Collector, Dhule district Maharashtra. Now I want new online ST caste certificate in a revised new format on the basis of previously issued.But new Dy. Collector rejected case & denied to issue. What to do? Write Answer
- If my caste certificate is of ratnagiri gaon hometown and my income is above 8 lac and in B group and I am working in Central gov, then where should I get the validity of catse obc, is it in hometown or in mumbai as of my income abv than 8 lac? Write Answer
- My daughter's caste certificate application in Maharashtra is rejected as it's showing Karnataka in my and my fathers caste certificate. We are in Mumbai since last 60-70 years and they are asking for proof of before 1950. We don't have such old documents. What to do? Write Answer
- I have Xerox soft copy of caste certificate. The original was made in Dhule but i have lost the original. How can i get a new certificate on the basis of soft copy? Caste is SC Write Answer
- I have lost my original Maharashtra caste certificate. But I have original caste validity certificate. How do we get the same number caste certificate? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.