Answered on March 28,2019
Follow the below steps to claim insurance under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- Immediately after the occurrence of an accident which may give rise to a claim under the policy, the insured or the nominee (in case of death of the insured) shall contact the bank branch where the insured person held the underlying Bank Account from which the premium for the policy was auto debited and submit a duly completed claim form.
- The claim form may be obtained from the above bank branch or any other designated source like insurance company branches, hospitals, PHCs, BCs, insurance agents etc., including from designated websites. The insurance companies concerned shall ensure wide availability of forms at all such locations. Supply of the form shall not be denied to any person requesting the same.
- The Claim form shall be completed by the insured or, as the case may be,by the nominee and submitted to the above bank branch preferably within 30 days of the occurrence of the accident giving rise to the claim under the policy.
- The Claim form shall be supported, in case of death of the insured, by the Original FIR/ Panchnama, Post Mortem Report and Death Certificate and in case of permanent disablement, by Original FIR/ Panchnama and a Disability Certificate issued by a Civil Surgeon. A discharge certificate in the enclosed format shall also be submitted by the claimant / nominee.
- The authorised official of the Bank shall check the account / auto-debit particulars and verify the account details, nomination, debiting of premium / remittance to insurer and certify the correctness of the information given in the claim form, and forward the case to the insurance company concerned within 30 days of the submission of the claim.
- Insurer will verify and confirm that premium has been remitted for the insured and the insured is included in the list of insured persons in the master policy.
- Claim shall be processed by the insurance Company which has issued the master policy for the Bank within 30 days of its receipt from the Bank.
- The admissible Claim amount will be remitted to the Bank Account of the insured or the nominee, as the case may be.
- In case of death of an insured who has not named his/ her nominee the admissible claim amount shall be paid to the legal heirs of the insured on production of Succession Certificate/ Legal Heir certificate from the Competent Court/ authority.
- Maximum time limit for Bank to forward duly completed claim form to Insurance Company is thirty days and maximum time limit for Insurance Company to approve claim and disburse money thereafter is thirty days.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Gujarat Voter List 2024 - Search By Name, DownloadEmpowering citizens to exercise their democratic rights is crucial, especially in the vibrant state of Gujarat. This concise guide offers clear steps for downloading the voter list, searchi..
Click here to get a detailed guide