Answered on March 23,2019
In order to open a Jan Dhan Bank Account, you need to fill the following application form.
- Application form for opening Jan Dhan Bank Account (English)
- Application form for opening Jan Dhan Bank Account (Hindi)
Following details are required to be filled in Jan Dhan Yojana account.
- Bank details: This is the section where you need to provide all the relevant information of the bank so that you can start a Jan Dhan bank account. Fill in information about the name of your bank branch, the name of your town, your sub-district and block name, your district, your state, SSA code, village code and town code.
- Scheme applicant’s details: This section requires you to fill in all relevant personal information about yourself. This would involve entering personal details like your full name, marital status, name of father/spouse, address, pin code, telephone number, Aadhaar card number, MNREGA job card number, occupation, annual income, number of dependents, asset details, existing bank account number and Kisan Credit Card details.
- Nominee details: This section needs you to provide details about the nominee that you want to select. Carefully fill in the details about the name of the nominee, relationship, age, date of birth and details about the person authorised to receive the funds in event of the nominee’s death.
After that, submit it to any of the banks below.
a) Government banks
- State Bank of India (and its affiliated banks)
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Allahabad Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Dena Bank
- Bhartiya Mahila Bank
- Punjab and Sindh Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Canara Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Corporation Bank
- Indian Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Andhra Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Syndicate Bank
b) Private banks
- HDFC Bank
- YES Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Axis Bank
- Dhanlaxmi Bank
- Federal Bank
- Induslnd Bank
- ING Vyasa Bank
Top contributors this week
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.