Answered on September 13,2019
IDV value is not used to calculate the road tax. Invoice Amount of vehicle is used to calculate the road tax. I will take a guess on the road tax, but it might not be correct.
In Maharashtra, Petrol cars have 11-13% road tax and diesel cars have 13-15% road tax. I am assuming a road tax of 13% and depreciation of 30% on the price of vehicle as it is 5 years old. So, for a vehicle of 1 lakh, road tax will be 1 * (1-30%) * 13% = 9100 + taxes
It might be lesser than this as well. Please check with an agent as well.
- I need help to cancel NOC taken in Maharashtra while relocating to Bangalore. As I ended up moving back to Maharashtra within 10 months, I need to cancel the NOC issued earlier from Maharashtra. How can I get necessary documents from Karnataka RTO for cancellation?
- I have a Honda Brio Car registered in Indira Nagar RTO in Bangalore in 2013. I have recently shifted to Pune with my car. I have few questions (1) How do I get getting NOC certificate from Bangalore RTO being in Pune ? Any recommended agents/services ? (2) How long this NOC certificate is valid for ? (3) Do I have to change my car registration number in Maharashtra after getting NOC ? (4) In case if I want to driver my Bangalore registered car in Pune for approx. 2 to 3 years, should I change my car to Maharashtra number ? (5) What if I don't want to change my car number and if I obtain NOC ? Can I driver with NOC for 3 years ? (6) If NOC is not valid for 2 years, can I pay road tax in Pune and keep my car number as is ? (7) How do I get road tax refund from Bangalore RTO ?
- My two wheeler registration is from Maharashtra. Now I want to use it in Karnataka. Tell me the details of payment of tax. How much is it ?
- My RC is lost. My car is registered to Pune MH 12 and I have NOC for Bangalore RTO. I need to cancel NOC from Pune RTO. How can I get non-utilization certificate from Bangalore RTO?
- I am moving my car from Pune To Bangalore. I need to apply for refund claim from Pune RTO after paying the road tax in bangalore. Can I apply the claim online or by post or can I apply claim through bangalore RTO or can I apply claim through the agents of Bangalore or Pune ? What is the easiest procedure to process claim of RTO tax refund ?
- If I buy a two-wheeler from Mumbai and take it to Karnataka, what all documents do I need and how much road tax do I need to pay in Bangalore?
- I got the NOC from Pune, Maharashtra and moved to Hyderabad, Telangana. I haven't re-registered my vehicle in six months in Hyderabad. So by default, that NOC is not valid now. And now, I'm transferring back to Mumbai, Maharashtra. So now what procedure do I need to follow?. Shall I get the NOC canceled from Pune RTO and keep it registered in Pune itself or should I re-register my vehicle in Mumbai RTO?