Answered on February 14,2019
This will depend on the following:
(a) If your wife is a voter for the first time then she will have to fill in Form-6 for enrolment as a new voter.
(b) In case your wife is already a voter but not in the same Assembly Constituency (such as enrolled in some other Assembly Constituency of Karnataka, or anywhere else in India), then she will need to fill in Form-6 for change of residence. (Form 6 can be used for enrollment as well for changing assembly constituency)
(c) If she is a voter in the same Assembly Constituency as you but needs only to change her address then, in such case she needs to fill in Form-8A for change of residence within the same Assembly Constituency.
(d) As proof of residence she can submit a copy of her marriage certificate or copy of the marriage invitation card.
All the forms are available here.
How to correct Voter ID card details ?A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all the citizens of India above the age ..
How to Vote in elections ? (2022)Elections will be held in India every 5 years. In this guide, we will brief you on how to vote for elections in India. Eligibility Following people are eligible to cast their vote. Fo..
- My application is rejected saying name already exists in electoral roll, where as this is the first time I have applied? Write Answer
- Can I link one more voter ID in my mobile number? Write Answer
- How to transfer voter Id from one district to another district through online mode? Write Answer
- Muhhe mere voter id m marital status or address change krna h 2 baar apply kia h. form 8 fill krke jo doc required h sab lagaye h phir bhi bina Koi aaye verify kiye doc reject kr rhe h. Jaldi hi btaiye kyu ho rha h esa? Write Answer
- I have my epic number and i voted one time but i don't have voter id card. What is the procedure now or wht should I do now to get my voter ID card in physical form? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.