Answered on September 01,2019
Follow the below steps to apply online for domicile certificate in Kolkata.
Login to West Bengal eDistrict portal. After logging to West Bengal eDistrict portal, the Home page appears. It shows the comprehensive list of services under West Bengal eDistrict. The list includes service name and tentative time line to avail the service. The home page contains several panels showing the number of applications for each module of service, such as- Social Welfare Scheme, Registration of Societies, Land Records and Revenue Court Services, Services of Labour Department, Certificates and Licenses.
Click on ‘Local Residence (Domicile) Certificate’ available under the column ‘District.
‘Instructions and Requirements of Domicile Certificate’ page opens up. Click on "Apply".
Fill up the Applicant's required details such as basic information of the applicant,present address, education details, parent or husband details, particulars of stay for last 15 years etc.
After the applicant fills up the application form, click on Save & Next button. Application details will become visible.
The applicant can either proceed further by attaching supporting documents, or can cancel it, or might take a print out of this page.
The applicant can view the application details and supporting document list before the submission of the application form for Domicile Certificate.
Click on "Submit" to submit the application.
When the application is successfully submitted, the applicant receives an acknowledgment. This contains the application summary and the contact details of the person to be contacted with for further queries.
Answered on September 01,2019
You can check this link for getting domicile certificate in West Bengal.
- My wife needs a domicile certificate for her kidney transplant. She resides in hazra bhowanipore. From where do we collect the form for her domicile certificate? Write Answer
- I applied for domicile certificate from west bengal. But I didn't get this till now?What can I do now? Write Answer
- How can I apply online for domicile certificate as my district is Kolkata ? There is no option of selecting kolkata as the district in that list. I need it immediately for the Student credit card purpose. Please provide me proper guidance. Thanking you. Write Answer
- In the WB e-district portal, for domicile certificate application there is no provision to select district kolkata.Then how Kolkata residees get domicile certificate. Under district south 24 parganas by selecting area 'urban', Newtown Kolkata Development Authority (NKDA) can be selected. Is it correct selection for Kolkata residees for applying domicile certificate at e- district portal? Write Answer
- I have got the AIN no of Domicile certificate in West Bengal. Can I get it without any disturbance? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.