Answered on March 23,2019
For getting the life insurance cover as per Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana scheme, accounts opened between 15.08.2014 to 26.01.2015 (now extended to 31.01.2015) for the first time will get the benefit. Existing account holders can get issued a RuPay Card in his existing account to get benefit of accident insurance. Credit facility can be extended in the existing account if it is being operated satisfactorily. Therefore, existing account holders need not open new accounts under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana scheme.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.