Answered on January 18,2019
Yeshasvini Health Card is allotted to members of Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme. Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme is for the farmers of Karnataka to undergo hospitalization when required at a hospital of their choice.
Charges covered under Yeshasvini Health Insurance
Following charges are covered under Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
- Cost of Medicines and Consumables during hospitalization
- Operation Theater charges
- Anesthesia charges
- Surgeons fee, Professional Charge, Consultant fee
- Nursing fee
- General Ward Bed Charge
- Free out Patient consultation at all participating hospitals.
- Discounted tariffs for lab investigations and tests
Surgeries and Medical Emergencies covered under Yeshasvini Health Insurance
Following categories of surgeries are covered under Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme. The surgery package rates for each of the surgery is fixed under the scheme
- Cardiac and Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardiac Interventions
- General Surgery
- Genito Urinary Surgeries
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Medical Emergencies
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Ophthalmology Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgeries and Procedures
- Pediatric Surgeries
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Surgical Oncology
- Vascular Surgery
Following treatments have been included as Medical emergencies
- Dog bite
- Snake bite
- Accidents occurred while operating agricultural implements
- Bull gore injures and electrics shocks,
- Normal Delivery
- Neo natal care
- Angioplasty procedure.
Annual Membership fee and Maximum Reimbursable Amount under Yeshasvini Scheme
The annual membership fee is around INR 250 for Rural Yeshasvini scheme and INR 710 for Nagara Yeshasvini Scheme. Scheduled Caste/ Schedule Tribe members have to pay INR 50.00 in Rural Yeshasvini scheme and INR 110.00 in Nagara Yeshasvini Scheme to become the members of the scheme.
Under Rural Yeshasvini scheme the maximum limit is Rs 1.25 lakh in case of single admission and Rs 2.00 lakh in case of multiple surgeries and in Nagara Yeshasvini, it is Rs 1.75 lakh for single admission and Rs 2.50 lakh for multiple admissions in the same year.
Yeshasvini Health card Eligibility
Following applicants are eligible for Yeshasvini Health card.
- The scheme is open to members of the following Society/Groups.
o Rural co-operative society
o Self help group/Sthree Shakti group having financial transaction with the Cooperative Society/Banks
o Weavers, Beedi Workers and Fisherman Cooperative Societies
- Applicant should be under the age of 75 years and should be a member of these groups for at least six months prior to the date of commencement of the Scheme every year i.e. 1st June.
Applicant can enroll all members of their family (Joint Family members including parents, Children and Grand Children) even though they are not members of the cooperative society.
No age limit is fixed to avail the benefits of this scheme. Anyone from newborn baby to oldest member in the family can avail it.
Apply for Yeshasvini Health Card / Renewal of Yeshasvini Health Card
Please follow the below step to enroll for Yeshasvini scheme.
- New member registration and old member renewal for the scheme can be done at all Cooperative Societies from May to June. The scheme will be valid from 1 June to 31 May of the year.
- Local co-operative society, with the assistance of the co-operative department, signs up the members, issues a receipt and deposits the premium with a local co-operative bank, prior to the start of the plan year.
- UHID (Unique Health Identification) enrollment form containing predefined numbers using barcode reader are issued to the main member. Each enrolment form contains particulars of the main member and his family members name, age, relationship, society membership number, date and photo of family members who are enrolled under scheme including the main member.
Procedure for getting treatment under Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
- The beneficiaries holding unique health identification number should approach the Yeshasvini network hospital.
- The hospital checks whether the applicant is Yeshasvini beneficiary and whether the surgery is covered under Yeshasvini scheme.
- Preauthorization is sought from Medical Service Provider (MSP) through internet. The MSP gives pre authorization and then the hospital conducts surgery.
- The hospital forwards bills to the MSP.
- The bills are scrutinised and sent to Yeshasvini Trust.
- Yeshasvini trust passes the bills and after approval in specified sub committee meetings, the payment is made to MSP. MSP inturn makes payment to the hospital.
Exclusions under Yeshasvini Health Schemes
Yeshasvini scheme does not cover the following.
- Medical and follow up treatment
- Joint replacement surgeries
- Kidney and heart transplants
- Cosmetic surgery
- Burnt cases
- Dental surgeries
- Road traffic accidents
- Medico legal cases
- Diagnostic investigations
- Auto immune diseases
- Skin grafting, dialysis
- Artificial limb
- Deviated nasal septum screws and stunt etc for orthopedic and urological surgeries
Yeshasvini Trust Office
No.607, 3rd Gate, 6th Floor
M.S.Building, Bangalore - 560 001
Yeshasvini Card Helpline Number : 080 - 26671616
Yeshasvini ID Card agent details are provided here.
Download Yeshasvini Card Application Forms
- Yeshasvini renewal card
- Yeshasvini Hospital list
- Yeshasvini Scheme Checklist
- Yeshasvini Scheme in Kannada
- Yeshasvini Scheme surgery list with cost