Can I use my caste certificate (ST) of West Bengal in another state for the IBPS clerk/PO exam?

Ranganath Ranganath
Answered on September 01,2019

SC/ST status entitling a person to quotas in jobs and admissions in one state will not automatically continue in another when the person migrates, except when he goes to Delhi, as it is the national capital of India.

Fahad Fahad
Answered on September 01,2019

A person belonging to SCs or STs in one state cannot be deemed to be a SC or ST in other states where he has migrated for the purpose of employment or education. Such persons would be eating away the quota meant for the native SCs or STs. So a person notified as Scheduled Caste in one state cannot claim the same status in another state on the basis that he is declared as Scheduled Caste/Tribe in state A.