Answered on January 19,2018
If you need the passport urgently, you can go for the tatkaal passport scheme. You will get passport within 7 days.However under tatkaal scheme, it will take more than INR 3500 to obtain it.
There is another way to obtain the passport within 10 days. If you have an Aadhaar card, while applying online, you can use Aadhaar card as proof of Identity and proof of address. The Ministry of External Affairs uses Aadhaar card for identification of the past criminal record of the applicant on the National Crime Records Bureau.If there are no issues, the applicant will get the appointment within three days. In the next 7 days, the applicant will get the passport delivered at the address.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Tweet this question to the Government
How to get Passport in India? - Online Application, Police Verification,Tracking & DeliveryA passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country's government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of internationa..
Click here to get a detailed guide
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.