Answered on March 21,2019
Since only government hospitals have authority to register/ update the Mother Child Protection (MCP) Card, beneficiary taking services from private hospitals can not avail the benefit of the scheme as MCP card details are mandatory for claiming any instalment under Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana scheme.
However, if the requisite conditions are duly certified by a government doctor or officer/ functionary of the Health Department not below the rank of ANM, the beneficiary can claim maternity benefit under PMVVY and the claim should be accepted by the Field Functionary (AWW/ANM/ASHA).
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.