Answered on April 05,2019
Any NRI having an eligible bank account with a bank branch located in India is eligible for purchase of PMJJBY cover subject to fulfilment of the terms and conditions relating to the scheme. However, in case a claim arises, the claim benefit will be paid to the beneficiary/ nominee only in Indian currency.
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.