Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana
The Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana (PBBY) is a mandatory insurance scheme aimed at safeguarding the interests of Indian emigrant workers falling under the Emigration Check Required (ECR) category going for overseas employment to ECR countries.
Emigrant means any citizen of India who intends to emigrate or emigrates or has emigrated but does not include
- a dependent of an emigrant whether such dependent accompanies that emigrant or departs subsequently for the purpose of joining that emigrant in the country to which that emigrant has lawfully emigrated .
- any person who has resided outside India at any time after attaining the age of eighteen years, for not less than three years or the spouse or child of such person.
This insurance scheme is available to all Indians Citizens between the age group of 18-60 years who stay abroad and have a valid visa for the purpose of employment only, for the period of cover as stated in the schedule to the policy.
Each citizen of India applying for emigration clearance from the concerned Protector of Emigrants (POE) shall obtain an Insurance policy covering the following:
The Insurance policy shall be valid for a minimum period of two/three years and renewable thereafter during the period of the employment contract.
- The Insured person shall be covered for a sum of Rs.10.00 lakhs in the event of accidental death or permanent disability leading to loss of employment while in employment abroad, irrespective of change of employer/location of insured person.
- Medical insurance cover including injuries / sickness / ailment / diseases available upto Rs.1,00,000/- (up to Rs. 50,000 per hospitalization).
- Repatriation cover for medically unfit/premature termination of employment: Actual one-way economy class airfare to the nearest international airport in India.
- Family Hospitalization in India available upto Rs. 50,000/- for Spouse and first two children upto 21 years of age.
- Maternity expenses benefit to women emigrants available upto Rs. 50,000/-.
- Certification of accidental death or permanent disability by Indian Missions and Posts abroad shall be accepted by the insurance companies.
- Reimbursement of return economy class air fare to the nearest international airport to one attendant in case of emigrant’s accidental death or permanent disability.
- Legal expenses on litigation related to emigrant’s overseas employment admissible upto Rs. 45,000/-.
- Provision for on-line renewal of PBBY policy.
Apply for Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana
It shall be mandatory for all emigrants who need Emigration Clearance for overseas employment, to subscribe to an insurance policy from any Insurance Company operating in India and duly registered with the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
List of Emigration Check Required (ECR) Countries
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- South Sudan
- Sultanate of Oman
- United Arab Emirates
- What is the procedure to start KSFE Pravasi Chitty?
- I am residing in Bangalore and would like to joint for KSFE Pravasi chitty as an investment. Am I eligible and how to proceed?
- പ്രവാസികൾക്ക് ഏറ്റവും നല്ല ഇൻവെസ്റ്റ്മെന്റ് ഏതാണ് ?
- How can I join KSFE Pravasi Chits?
- What are the documents required for completing KSFE Pravasi Chit KYC?
- How are KSFE Pravasi Chits conducted ?
- What are the main attractions of KSFE-Pravasi chits ?
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana(Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana)
- Saubhagya Yojana (Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana)
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Krishi Ashirwad Yojana
- Janani Suraksha Yojana
- Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana