Answered on December 23,2017
At the Central level, the following taxes are being removed:
- Central Excise Duty,
- Additional Excise Duty,
- Service Tax,
- Additional Customs Duty commonly known as Countervailing Duty, and
- Special Additional Duty of Customs.
At the State level, the following taxes are being removed:
- State Value Added Tax/Sales Tax,
- Entertainment Tax (other than the tax levied by the local bodies), Central Sales Tax (levied by the Centre and collected by the States),
- Octroi and Entry tax,
- Purchase Tax,
- Luxury tax, and
- Taxes on lottery, betting and gambling.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- How much time required for updation of person photo in gst certificate?
- I applied for gst nd they asked clarification which I have not filed.Now showing not filled clarification waiting for order from 7 days. When will it rejected so i can apply again? Or can i apply again even when this application is still pending?
- How long does it take for gst registration to happen after submission of relevant documents?
- How can i get GST No, We don't have physical office? We provide Online Service and we are staying in PG.
- What to do as I am unable to view the draft application under Saved Application in GST?
- If any government department purchase goods through GeM at higher rates than vendors display on GeM then what is mechanisam to take action against defaulters?
- Are GST refunds taxable ?
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.