Which taxes at the Centre and State level are being removed as part of GST?
Answered on December 23,2017
At the Central level, the following taxes are being removed:
- Central Excise Duty,
- Additional Excise Duty,
- Service Tax,
- Additional Customs Duty commonly known as Countervailing Duty, and
- Special Additional Duty of Customs.
At the State level, the following taxes are being removed:
- State Value Added Tax/Sales Tax,
- Entertainment Tax (other than the tax levied by the local bodies), Central Sales Tax (levied by the Centre and collected by the States),
- Octroi and Entry tax,
- Purchase Tax,
- Luxury tax, and
- Taxes on lottery, betting and gambling.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Answered on December 13,2022How much time required for updation of person photo in gst certificate?
2 0 59
Answered on November 20,2022I applied for gst nd they asked clarification which I have not filed.Now showing not filled clarification waiting for order from 7 days. When will it rejected so i can apply again? Or can i apply again even when this application is still pending?
First of all you will file your clarification then wait for order ,if you filed clarification properly as required ...
1 0 66
Answered on November 20,2022How long does it take for gst registration to happen after submission of relevant documents?
It will take 7 working days.
1 0 25
Answered on August 05,2022How can i get GST No, We don't have physical office? We provide Online Service and we are staying in PG.
Yes , you can apply for gst , set your residential address and a electricity bill of your name ...
1 0 110
Answered on August 05,2022What to do as I am unable to view the draft application under Saved Application in GST?
See in your email or message , there will be a message named trn , just copy the no. ...
1 0 33
Citizen AI Helpdesk
Curated Answers from Government Sources . Answered on November 03,2021If any government department purchase goods through GeM at higher rates than vendors display on GeM then what is mechanisam to take action against defaulters?
We would like to inform you that the buyer reserves the right to create the bid as per the ...
1 0 165
CA. Manish Dafria
Answered on March 27,2021Are GST refunds taxable ?
1 0 338
Answered on September 22,2022Who needs to register for the GST in India?
GST registration applies to all individuals and entities supplying goods or services in India. GST registration becomes mandatory when ...
2 0 42
Answered on March 30,2021I upload different person photo instead of proprietor photo for GST registration. Clarification is pending. Edit not available. How can I upload new photo and delete old photo ?
Go to Registration Tab, click on Non Core field amendment. You will be able to change the Photo.
1 0 2044
J K ASSOCIATES ALPY
Answered on March 04,2021GST number generate karne me koi fees hoti he ya nahi ? And I want to do export business from India to other country. iske liye bhi yahi GST number work karega ya koi alag GST number generate karna hoga ?
You can use the same GST no. for your export sales and local sales. The is no difference in ...
1 0 101
J K ASSOCIATES ALPY
Answered on March 04,2021I applied for cancellation of my GST registration number one year ago, but I want it back. Is this possible to activate GST again or should I apply for new GST registration?
You better take a new registration.
2 0 69
J K ASSOCIATES ALPY
Answered on March 06,2021Enik oru retail store und. Shop inte peril gst edkal ano. Home address gst edkal ano better? Complications ozhivakkan.
Retail store il ulla products sale cheyan anenkil store address vech edukuka. Home address vech eduthal ath fraud akum.
1 0 47
Answered on August 22,2019How to check if Voter ID card is linked to Aadhar card ?
You can do it via SMS and Phone number as well. By SMS: Send following message from your registered number to ...
3 2061 40925
Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) . Answered on December 06,2022How to get voter id in digilocker?
The department issuing Voter Id card is not yet integrated with DigiLocker. We are working on the integration of ...
1 94 10351
Answered on December 04,2020How much time does it take to update mobile number in Aadhaar ?
Dear aspirant, After checking the official site of UIDAI.GOV.IN for your query the maximum days for updation in aadhar card ...
7 5979 119501
Rtd Motor Vehicles Inspector, Insurance Surveyor and Accident Investigator . Answered on July 05,2022How to change the date of birth in Driving License?
Kindly check this video.
2 116 20397
Answered on December 11,2021What is TKWL, CKWL, RAC, PQWL,GNWL, RLWL,CNF etc. ?
RAC means Reservation against Cancellation. If you have a RAC ticket, then your travel with a train is guaranteed ...
2 0 15905
VO TECHNOLOGIES FASTag
Answered on October 26,2022How to close the icici bank fast tag account and get the refund?
Step 1 : Know Your ICICI FASTag Customer ID (Call to Customer Care 18002100104) Step 2 : Register Your Account ...
1 302 6785
Answered on July 15,2021I have lost my 10th marksheet and birth certificate. How can I apply for the passport?
You can take your Intermediate certificate if your done with your higher studies or else you can take your ...
4 31 32075
Chartered Accountant,FCA, DISA (ICAI) . Answered on September 30,2021Can I open a bank account without a PAN Card?
Yes. PAN is not mandatory for opening a bank account.
2 2392 52784
Answered on October 13,2022What is the difference between an ordinary passport, diplomatic passport, service passport, official passport and special passport ?
Type ‘P’ Blue Passport - General public, This type of passport helps foreign authorities distinguish between general public and ...
2 615 12291
Answered on September 19,2021How to convert license number 5/9308/2014 from Kerala to this new format in Digilocker?
Use mparivahan app for RC and License addition which is equivalent to digilocker and also valid for Rto checking. ...
2 1422 31002
- How much time required for updation of person photo in gst certificate?
- I applied for gst nd they asked clarification which I have not filed.Now showing not filled clarification waiting for order from 7 days. When will it rejected so i can apply again? Or can i apply again even when this application is still pending?
- How long does it take for gst registration to happen after submission of relevant documents?
- How can i get GST No, We don't have physical office? We provide Online Service and we are staying in PG.
- What to do as I am unable to view the draft application under Saved Application in GST?
- If any government department purchase goods through GeM at higher rates than vendors display on GeM then what is mechanisam to take action against defaulters?
- Are GST refunds taxable ?
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.