Answered on August 23,2019
You need to request your company. They are required to provide you the facility to check balance either online or on intranet using a computer. If such a facility is not extended register a grievance on Home Page requesting EPFO to issue such a direction to the company to provide such a facility.
Answered on August 23,2019
You have to check with your company by providing your UAN Number.
In a regular EPF account, the employer deducts the EPF and Pension(EPS) and deposits it to the EPFO. The EPFO keeps track of the amount contributed, pays interest on it and also maintains the pension fund. You can track such EPF account through passbook at epf website using your UAN number and UAN password.
The Government has permitted employers/companies to establish and manage their own private PF schemes, subject to certain conditions prescribed under the Employees Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
There are over 1,500 private Provident Fund (PF) trusts, with an estimated corpus of Rs 1 lakh crores and a membership of 50 lakh employees, which are managing the accounts as well as retirement fund of their workers. Companies like Infosys,TCS, Accenture have their Private PF Trust. These trusts are regulated by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). These EPF trusts are called as Exempted Trust.
- EPF Trusts opens and maintains PF accounts of the employees.
- The employees of companies with EPF trust are allotted UAN and Provident Fund number or Member Id.
- It has to give interest to the members at rate declared by the EPFO every financial year.
- However, the pension or EPS is payable only by the EPFO. So EPS still needs to be submitted to EPFO.
- EDLI may be continued with EPFO. If the employer provides equal or better benefits, the exemption may be granted in lieu of EDLI also.
- Pays administrative charge of 0.18% instead of regular 1.1 %. This 0.18% charge is to be remitted as inspection charges.
- Issue annual accounts information to the members.
- Disburse the amount of PF accumulations to the members on death, retirement, resignation etc.
- Pay the Deposit Linked Insurance benefits to the members’ nominees in the event of the death of the members.
- Submit periodical returns/report to the EPFO for the accounts maintained by it.
An employee working in company with EPF Trust has to realise that
- Though the employees of companies with EPF trust are allotted UAN and Provident Fund number or Member Id. They have limited use of UAN website. They cannot do the online withdrawal from UAN website.
- The employees of companies with EPF trust cannot see their passbook on EPF website with PF and Pension amount on the epf website as the employer or Private Trust does not deposit money to EPFO. The Company provides them with this information through payslips, company own website.
- If an employee has an EPF account with exempted or unexempted organization then he can transfer this account to Trust on joining a company with EPF Trust.
- If the employee leaves the company which has EPF trust he needs to withdraw only from the company which maintains the trust.
- If the employee joins another company then he can transfer his PF from EPF trust to another EPF trust or to EPFO depending on his new employer.