Answered on December 09,2017
A patent search is a search conducted in patent databases as well as in the literature available to check whether any invention similar to your invention already exists. In other words, it evaluates your chances of getting a patent grant. Patent search is done to find out whether a particular invention is patentable or not. In this search, study is done to check whether or not a particular invention meets all three criterias of patentability i.e. novelty, non-obviousness and industrial applicability. Considering the costs involved in the patent registration, getting this search done from professional patent consultants who use paid and non-paid databases, search patent and non-patent literature from all over the world can save lot of cost, if invention turns out to be non patentable during the search. Therefore, instead of going forth with the filing, if one conducts the patent search, one can get a clear idea about the patentability of the invention; whether the application should be filed and the strengths and weakness of the invention.
- Is the Patent Reimbursement scheme at KSUM also for International patents?
- Under the Patent Reimbursement Scheme of KSUM, Is the reimbursement also for the individuals holding an IP or the IP should be in the name of the company?
- Can individuals having IP apply for the Patent Reimbursement scheme at KSUM?
- Who can apply for the Patent Reimbursement scheme at KSUM?
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.