Answered on December 27,2017
In this case there are two options.
1. The buyer can get the policy transferred in his name by applying to the insurance company in which case an endorsement is made to the policy. However, the no claim bonus(NCB) on the policy is not transferred and the difference has to be paid. NCB is retained by the seller.
2. You can cancel your policy and the buyer can buy a new policy. You will get a refund for the unexpired / unused period provided there is no claim on the policy. In this case too, you can retain your NCB and transfer it to your new insurance policy if you have purchased another vehicle. The buyer can transfer NCB in his previous policy to his new one. Please note that your policy will be cancelled only if the insurance company is provided with the proof that the vehicle is covered by another policy.
Also you can transfer the policy to your new vehicle and the unexpired premium amount can be adjusted accordingly.
- What is Stand Alone Policy in Compulsory Personal Accident Policy? Write Answer
- Ente achanu kazhinja month oru two wheeler accident patti. vandi odicha time thalakarangi nirthiyittirunna vandiyil idichu. veenu kalil pottalund aa time aa vandi number note cheythilla. pinned aa vandi avide kanunnumilla. claim cheyyanulla procedure enthanu? Write Answer
- ബിക്കിനിന്റെ CC (156) RC ബുക്കിലും ഇൻഷുറൻസിലും (150) വ്യത്യാസമുണ്ട്. ഇത് തേർഡ് പാർട്ടി ക്ലെയിം ചെയ്യുമ്പോൾ റിജെക്ട് ആകുമോ? Write Answer
- ഇൻഷുറൻസ് കമ്പനിയിൽനിന്നും ഇൻഷുർ എടുത്തിട്ട് പരിവാഹൻ ആപ്ലിക്കേഷന്റെ സൈറ്റിൽ ശരിയായ expirey date കാണിക്കു നില്ല എന്ത് കൊണ്ടാണ് അങ്ങനെ? Write Answer
- I am fed up of Policy bazaar calls during Insurance renewal time. Where should I complain? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
SEHEER A KADER OTTAYIL
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.