Answered on December 27,2017
In this case there are two options.
1. The buyer can get the policy transferred in his name by applying to the insurance company in which case an endorsement is made to the policy. However, the no claim bonus(NCB) on the policy is not transferred and the difference has to be paid. NCB is retained by the seller.
2. You can cancel your policy and the buyer can buy a new policy. You will get a refund for the unexpired / unused period provided there is no claim on the policy. In this case too, you can retain your NCB and transfer it to your new insurance policy if you have purchased another vehicle. The buyer can transfer NCB in his previous policy to his new one. Please note that your policy will be cancelled only if the insurance company is provided with the proof that the vehicle is covered by another policy.
Also you can transfer the policy to your new vehicle and the unexpired premium amount can be adjusted accordingly.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- What is the difference between Comprehensive cover and Zero Depreciation for vehicle insurance? Write Answer
- Vandiyude current insurance company eathanenn engane ariyan kazhiyum ? Insurance paper nashtapettu. Second edutha vandi anu. Write Answer
- Do I have to change the name in car RC if I change surname after marriage. ? If yes, then how to do it in Karnataka? Car is still on loan. If I don't change name in rc then will there be any issue with insurance company in case of accident cash claim? Write Answer
- I have only insurance certificate number. How to get insurance certificate ? Write Answer
- I have a Hoda Activa 3G scooter registered on April 2016. I remember the date of expiry as 23.08.22 but don't have any idea of insurer or any document. How to renew insurance policy as I don't have previous year policy document? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
See more contributors
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.