Answered on September 13,2019
Fines for traffic violations in Mumbai are provided below.
General penalty: For the first offense, fine up to 500. For the second offense, fine up to 1500.
Penalty for not wearing helmets: For the first offense, fine of INR 1000 and disqualification from the license for 3 months.
Driving without a license: INR 5000
Drunken driving: For the first offense, fine up to INR 10000 and/or imprisonment up to 6 months.For the second offense, fine of INR 3000 and/or imprisonment up to 2 years
Over-speeding: INR 1000 to 2000 for LMV, INR 2000 to 4000 for the medium passenger or goods vehicles. For the second subsequent offense, impounding of Driving license
Penalty for dangerous driving: For the first offense, imprisonment of 6 months to 1 year and/or fine INR 1000 to INR 5000. For the subsequent offense (within 3 years from first offense), imprisonment up to 2 years and/or INR 10000
Penalty for driving when mentally or physically unfit to drive: For the first offense, fine up to INR 1000. For the second offense, fine up to INR 2000
Carriage of excess passengers: For the first offense, fine of INR 200 per excess passengers
Penalty for violation of safety measures for motorcycle drivers and pillion riders: For the first offense, fine of INR 1000 and disqualification from the license for 3 months
Failure to allow free passage to emergency vehicles: For the first offense, fine of INR 10000 and/or imprisonment up to 6 months
Driving uninsured vehicles: For the first offense, fine of INR 2000 and/or imprisonment up to 3 months. For the second offense, fine of INR 4000 and/or imprisonment up to 3 months
Violation of road regulations: INR 500.
- I got Bike NOC from Pune in Dec 2019 to re-register in Chennai. Soon, Pandemic started. Later moved to my hometown Andhra Pradesh. Now, I would like to go back to Chennai & register my bike. What are the cost-effective options available for me? Write Answer
- I have booked choice number for Private four wheeler on 20.06.2022 in MH 11 and paid Rs. 5000. Now understood the intended vehicle will not be available for at least a moth.Can i surrender choice number and what are the process for the same? Write Answer
- My bike is registered in Nagpur RTO and I work in Bangalore. I need to take my bike to Bangalore for 6 months. Do I need to take a NOC from Nagpur RTO to use my bike in Bangalore? Write Answer
- How should I obtain NOC for my bike from Bangalore to Pune? Write Answer
- What is the process to use Kerala registered car in Mumbai? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.