Answered on March 15,2019
These are the benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account
- This account is 100% tax free.
- We will get exemptions for the deposited amount in this account under section 80c of Income Tax Act.
- High interest rate is another benefit (8.5%)
- There is a lock-in period for this account. ie; the account is matured only after 21 years.
- It is similar to the Public Provident Fund (PPF).
- My daughter birth certificate had no name when we got it from the hospital. Now I am applying for sukanya samriddhi Yojana in the post office. We need birth certificate in her name. How to get it done? Now is it possible to re-issue a new birth certificate with the name? How soon we can get it? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.