My RC is lost. My car is registered to Pune MH 12 and I have NOC for Bangalore RTO. I need to cancel NOC from Pune RTO. How can I get non-utilization certificate from Bangalore RTO?

Naveen Naveen
Answered on January 03,2020

Process involved in applying for Non-Utilization certificate is as follows.

  1. Submit a letter requesting Non-utilization certificate to RTO in Bangalore, along with the following documents. 
    • Original RC book
    • Valid Insurance copy
    • PUC certificate copy
    • Affidavit stating that you have not registered vehicle in new state and no illegal work was done using that vehicle
    • Police verification certificate from the police commissioner office of the migrated state
    • Original NOC documents
    • ID proof 
  1. Pay the road tax in the migrated state
  2. Once you have paid the road tax, you will get the Non-utilization certificate of NOC within a week. After obtaining the Non utilization certificate, proceed to the RTO where your vehicle is registered and submit the same documents as mentioned above along with Non-Utilization certificate that you got from the migrated state.
  3. You also need to submit an affidavit stating that you have not registered your vehicle in migrated state.

Duplicate RC

So, for getting non-utilization certificate, you need to submit a duplicate RC. Please follow the below steps to get a duplicate RC book.

  1. Get a notarized affidavit on a 20 rupees stamp paper stating that you have lost your RC card
  2. File an FIR in the jurisdiction of station where you lost your RC card. You will get a challan mentioning “RC Card Lost”
  3. Download Form 26 and fill all the required information. Affix a passport size photo in it as well.
  4. If you have loan pending in your vehicle, then you must obtain the signature from the financier in Form 26
  5. Get a self-addressed envelope with phone number, and vehicle number on it. Affix a stamp of required worth on it as per the distance between RTO office and the place of delivery of new RC book/card.
  6. Submit the following documents to Superintendent at RTO where your vehicle is registered
  • Filled up Form 26
  • Self-addressed envelope
  • Original notarized affidavit
  • FIR in case of loss of R.C.
  • Insurance Certificate
  • No objection certificate from Bank, if the vehicle is still under loan
  • Pollution under Control Certificate
  • Copy of your ID card
  1. After verification, Superintendent will sign the document and direct you to another officer.
  2. This officer will verify your id and sign on Form – 26. Carry the originals of ID with you for verification.
  3. Pay the required fee at the payment counter at RT office.
  4. Visit the Superintendent again with payment receipt so that he can verify and sign it.
  5. You will get an acknowledgement number which can be used to track the status of your request.

 You will get it within 30 days.

Once you get RC, you can apply for Non utilization certificate.