Answered on September 05,2019
Paying road tax is one of the conditions for getting RC under the Jharkhand Government. For getting your vehicle re-registered in Jharkhand, following steps must be completed.
1. Get NOC for your Vehicle from RTO where it is registered
2. Pay Road Tax in Jharkhand
3. Get Registration Certificate of your Vehicle and New Vehicle Number from RTO in Jharkhand
Answered on September 05,2019
If a registered owner of a vehicle brings the vehicle to Jharkhand, which is already registered in some other state after obtaining a N.O.C from the concerned state can apply for re-registration in Jharkhand, The documents required are as under:
- Other state registration certificate in original.
- Form 28 (NOC in duplicate)
- Form 27.
- Form 20.
- Attested copy of address proof.
- Attested copy of valid insurance.
- Attested copy of pollution under control certificate.
- Challan clearance from traffic police or enforcement wing of transport department. On case of commercial vehicle only.
- Fitness certificate issued by the board of inspection.
- Road tax (as applicable)
- Prescribed fee for registration.
- PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)
- Parking fees
- Certificate manufactured regarding emission norms
Note: Such registration of vehicle are subject to clearance from National Crime Record Bureau. The Transport Department arranges the clearance certificate themselves.
Note: Attested copy means photo copy attested by MLA/ Nigam Parshad/ Gazetted officer/ notary public.
- My commercial vehicle registered in Bangalore and have taken NOC from Bangalore for Jharkhand. What procedure I have to follow to get the vechile converted to private (white board) in Jharkhand. Also what are the charges? Write Answer
- I had purchased car on loan from a bank in Dhanbad. Can I get hypothecation cancellation from Ranchi ? Write Answer
- What is the fee for re-registration of car in Jharkhand? Write Answer
- My car is 15 years old and I plan to get it re-registered in Jharkhand (no change in RTO). Can someone let me now if I need to pay one Time Tax again? If yes, what would the price of vehicle considered? Will it be the original purchase cost, or the depreciated price? Write Answer
- How to get NOC from Ranchi RTO, Jharkhand for my father in law's car who passed away few months back and we are not in a situation to directly visit the Ranchi RTO office ? Can I get it online or is there any other means to get it without going to the RTO office? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.