My bike is registered from Puducheri and now I am permanently shifted to Jharkhand. So my query is that if I pay road tax to Jharkhand Govt., then can I get RC under govt of Jharkhand or not?

Praveen Praveen
Answered on September 05,2019

Paying road tax is one of the conditions for getting RC under the Jharkhand Government. For getting your vehicle re-registered in Jharkhand, following steps must be completed.

1. Get NOC for your Vehicle from RTO where it is registered

2. Pay Road Tax in Jharkhand

3. Get Registration Certificate of your Vehicle and New Vehicle Number from RTO in Jharkhand

Neha Neha
Answered on September 05,2019

If a registered owner of a vehicle brings the vehicle to Jharkhand, which is already registered in some other state after obtaining a N.O.C from the concerned state can apply for re-registration in Jharkhand, The documents required are as under:

  1. Other state registration certificate in original.
  2. Form 28 (NOC in duplicate)
  3. Form 27.
  4. Form 20.
  5. Attested copy of address proof.
  6. Attested copy of valid insurance.
  7. Attested copy of pollution under control certificate.
  8. Challan clearance from traffic police or enforcement wing of transport department. On case of commercial vehicle only.
  9. Fitness certificate issued by the board of inspection.
  10. Road tax (as applicable)
  11. Prescribed fee for registration.
  12. PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)
  13. Parking fees
  14. Certificate manufactured regarding emission norms

Note: Such registration of vehicle are subject to clearance from National Crime Record Bureau. The Transport Department arranges the clearance certificate themselves.

Note: Attested copy means photo copy attested by MLA/ Nigam Parshad/ Gazetted officer/ notary public.