Answered on September 18,2019
If you don't own any land, then your chances of getting included in EWS reservation increases. This is because persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income:-
5 acres of agricultural land and above;
Residential at of 1000 sq ft. and above;
Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- In my ews certificate, they mistakenly write S/O instead of D/O.What to do? Write Answer
- What will happen to that vacant seat if EWS candidate is not available? Is it converted to a general candidate for govt job? Write Answer
- Can I apply for ews certificate if my residential plot at the time of buying was outside the municipality limit but now inside the municipality limit? Write Answer
- What will happen to EWS quit seats on PhD admissions in Maharashtra if there are no applicants from the category? Write Answer
- If I am from Andhra Pradesh and belong to the Kalinga Vysya community of Srikakulam district, which falls under the BCD category in my state, and I wish to apply for central level exams like GATE, etc., which category should I consider myself under? If I am categorized as OC (Open Category), can I also apply for EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) reservation? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.