I am from Mumbai and want to bring my car to Bangalore. Do I need to get an NOC?

Guru Guru
Answered on May 22,2018

If you are planning to stay in Bangalore for more than 11 months, then you should get an NOC.As per Karnataka Motor Vehicle Act, a vehicle is not permitted to ply with other state registration mark, beyond 11 months from the date of migration. So you should apply and obtain the Karnataka Registration mark before that period.

In order to obtain Karnataka registration mark, you should get an NOC from RTO from where the car is registered in CMV Form 28. In some cases, if you have applied and not got any reply from parent RTO, even after 30 days of submission of application, you can submit a copy of applied CMV Form 28, along with the postal acknowledgement for having submitted the required forms to previous RTO, and a declaration stating that the application for “NOC has neither been rejected nor any reply received from the previous registering authority” to whom the application has been made.

Following documents are required for NOC of your car. 

  • Registration certificate
  • Insurance certificate
  • Pollution Under Control certificate
  • Consent of Financier on CMV form 28 (if the vehicle is covered by Hypothecation, HPA or a lease agreement)
  • Permit and fitness certificate (applicable for commercial vehicles)
  • Pencil print of the chassis number for the CMV 28 form
  • Photo identity and address proof

Hey , can you help?
Answer this question


Complete Guide to RTO Services in Karnataka

Regional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
  Click here to get a detailed guide