How to apply for TAN Registration?
Follow the below steps to apply for TAN registration.
- Visit TIN website
- Select ‘TAN’ under the ‘Services’ dropdown
- Click on ‘Apply Online’
- Select ‘New TAN’
- On the new page, choose from the list ‘category of deductors’ and click on ‘Select’
- In doing so, you are redirected to Form 49B
- Fill in the form and click ‘Submit’
- On confirmation, an acknowledgement screen is displayed which contains
- A 14-digit acknowledgement number
- Status of the applicant
- Name of the applicant
- Contact details
- Payment details
- Space of signature
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited
5th floor, Mantri Sterling
Plot No.341, Survey No.997/98,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk
Pune – 411016
For applying offline, the process is the same as mentioned above apart from the fact that the applicant is required to visit the TIN facilitation centres located in their place of residence.