How can I change SSY (Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana), account guardian? My wife opened an SSY account in her SBI account. I want to transfer SSY account into my SBI account where PPF, NPS and other things can be managed from one place.

Sohan Sohan
Answered on August 23,2019

Transferring of SSY Account

The Account may be transferred anywhere in India and from or to post offices and from or to Banks and between post office and Bank, free of cost on furnishing of proof of shifting of residence of either the guardian or the Account holder and otherwise, on payment of a fees of one hundred rupees to the post office or the Bank to which the transfer is made.

Follow the below steps to complete Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Transfer

  • Visit the bank branch or Post office where SSY account is being held

  • Get Transfer Request Form

  • Fill the Transfer Request Form

  • Submit the form along with account passbook

  • The bank or post office where the account is currently being held will verify the documents that have been submitted and the transfer request will be processed by closing the existing SSY account. All documents that relate to the account will be given to the customer. The documents must be submitted to the new bank or post office.

  • The next step would be to visit the new post office or bank and submit the documents. The account opening form needs to be filled and the customer must submit KYC documents, photograph, and specimen signature for the account to be transferred.

Change of Guardianship

Regarding the change of guardianship, you can open the new account as a guardian in the name of a beneficiary who has not attained the age of ten years as on the date of opening of the Account.On opening an Account, the guardian shall be given a pass book bearing the name, address and date of birth of the Account holder, date of opening of Account, Account number, name and address of the guardian, relationship with the Account holder and the amount deposited.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question