Answered on August 23,2019
Transferring of SSY Account
The Account may be transferred anywhere in India and from or to post offices and from or to Banks and between post office and Bank, free of cost on furnishing of proof of shifting of residence of either the guardian or the Account holder and otherwise, on payment of a fees of one hundred rupees to the post office or the Bank to which the transfer is made.
Follow the below steps to complete Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Transfer
Visit the bank branch or Post office where SSY account is being held
Get Transfer Request Form
Fill the Transfer Request Form
Submit the form along with account passbook
The bank or post office where the account is currently being held will verify the documents that have been submitted and the transfer request will be processed by closing the existing SSY account. All documents that relate to the account will be given to the customer. The documents must be submitted to the new bank or post office.
The next step would be to visit the new post office or bank and submit the documents. The account opening form needs to be filled and the customer must submit KYC documents, photograph, and specimen signature for the account to be transferred.
Change of Guardianship
Regarding the change of guardianship, you can open the new account as a guardian in the name of a beneficiary who has not attained the age of ten years as on the date of opening of the Account.On opening an Account, the guardian shall be given a pass book bearing the name, address and date of birth of the Account holder, date of opening of Account, Account number, name and address of the guardian, relationship with the Account holder and the amount deposited.
- My daughter birth certificate had no name when we got it from the hospital. Now I am applying for sukanya samriddhi Yojana in the post office. We need birth certificate in her name. How to get it done? Now is it possible to re-issue a new birth certificate with the name? How soon we can get it? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.