Answered on April 08,2018
Yes. Both published and unpublished works can be registered. Copyright in works published before 21st January, 1958, i.e., before the Copyright Act, 1957 came in force, can also be registered, provided the works still enjoy copyright. Two copies of published or unpublished work may be sent along with the application. If the work to be registered is unpublished, a copy of the manuscript has to be sent along with the application for affixing the stamp of the Copyright Office in proof of the work having been registered. One copy of the same duly stamped will be returned, while the other will be retained, as far as possible, in the Copyright Office for record and will be kept confidential. It would also be open to the applicant to send only extracts from the unpublished work instead of the whole manuscript and ask for the return of the extracts after being stamped with the seal of the Copyright Office.
When a work has been registered as unpublished and subsequently it is published, the applicant may apply for changes in particulars entered in the Register of Copyright in Form XV with prescribed fee.
The process of registration and fee for registration of copyright is same.
You can file it online in the following link.
The Copyright Office has been set up to provide registration facilities to all types of works and is headed by a Registrar of Copyrights and is located at Plot no. 32, Boudhik Sampada Bhawan, Sector 14, Dwarka, New Delhi- 110075. The applications are also accepted by post.
Fee for registration is provided at http://copyrig..
- I tried to make payment for the fancy number booking. But they showed failure and the amount was debited from my account. Then I tried once again for the same. By evening, it is showing it got registered twice for the same number by the same applicant. How can I cancel one ?
- I want to download NIOS 12th mark sheet from the digilocker app. But there is one problem, the registered mobile no.which is given in adhaar card has been changed.So,how can I link new mobile no.with the adhaar card ? How can I get my mark sheet through the digilocker app in mobile no.?
- Sometimes before I have installed Digilocker on my phone. But unluckly its removed. When I installed the app again, I got the notice that 'Aadhar no is already registered with digilocker and you can access your a/c using your credentials'. But it is not opening. What can I do ?
- How can I get the owner details of registered land in Kerala?
- Can I create an account on Digilocker if the mobile number registered with my Aadhaar card is not active?
- I don't have a registered mobile no. How can i use Digilocker ?
- How can I change my registered mobile number in Digilocker ?