Answered on February 09,2018
Yes, it is possible to do the trademark renewal anytime within 6 months of expiration of the expiry of the previous Trademark Registration by filing TM-12 with the prescribed late renewal fee. A delay of more than 6 months can be risky and shall attract extra fees and documentation. If the renewal process does not get completed within 12 months of the expiration of the trademark, the trademark gets abandoned i.e. removed from the trademark register.
Top contributors this week
SEHEER A KADER OTTAYIL
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.