How to get a Passport?
A passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country's government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of international travel. Standard passports may contain information such as the holder's name, place and date of birth, photograph, signature, and other relevant identifying information.
Types of passports
Eligibility criteria for Passport are listed below.
The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
The applicant should be an age of 18 years.
Follow below are the documents required for applying for a passport.
The consent of both parents
The present address proof document in the name of the parent(s)
Carry original and self-attested copies of parent’s passport to Passport Seva Kendra (PSK), in case of parents, possess a passport
The minor applicant is eligible for Non-ECR(Emigration Check Not Required) till he/she attains the age of 18 years
Election ID Card
Apply Online for Passport
Follow the below steps to apply online for a Passport.
Visit Passport seva website.
Click on "New User Registration".
If you are an existing user, login with User id and Password. Else, register as new user registration.
Click on "Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport".
Select "Click here to fill the application form online".
Enter "State and District".
Enter "Passport type".
Enter "Applicant details".
After entering details, click on "Next".
Enter the required details as prescribed in the application form.
Click on "Submit".
Visit Passport seva website.
Click on "Track Application Status".
Enter the required details.
Click on "Track Status".
The validity of the passport is between 5 -10 years.
An applicant can avail of a passport within 30 days.
The helpline number of Passport Seva is 1800-258-1800.
You can find a list of common Passport queries and their answer in the link below.
Passport queries and its answers
Tesz is a free-to-use platform for citizens to ask government-related queries. Questions are sent to a community of experts, departments and citizens to answer. You can ask the queries here.
- Ntey husband Saudi yilaanu.adhehathintey passportil ulla name alla ration cardilum mattu documentsilum. Ipol passport renew cheyyan vendi embassy il koduthu. Renew cheythu kitty.ividey verification nu vendi officer vannapol Id kaanikkan passport mathramey undaayirunnullu. Athukondu ini veendum verification undakumennu paranju. Passport il thwaha ennum ration card il nazar ennumaanu. Ithu vachu apeksha koduthal one and same certificate kittilley. Evideyaanu apekshikkendathu. Village office or Taluk ?
- Is passport available on the Digilocker app?
- How can I change my name in the driving license? Already changed my name in Passport, Aadhar, and ration card.
- Can I make a rental agreement of my previous rental house in which I am no longer staying? That is a document showing that I lived there for a certain period of time as a proof to show to passport authorities?
- How do I make an affidavit for a lost and damaged passport?
- How do I get the affidavit for no criminal case pending against you for passport?
- Can I use a notary rent agreement as a proof of address document to apply for a passport?
Top contributors this week
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.