Answered on December 14,2020
Either landlord or tenant can buy stamp paper. Legally, stamp paper belongs to purchaser.
Purchase should hold the original stamp paper. Below image for your reference.
If you wish to own an original agreement, buy stamp paper yourself or collect the photocopy or scanned image from other party that is from your tenant or owner.
In sale deed, usually, buyer pays stamp paper cost because buyer wants to hold original copies of agreement. Simiallarly applicable for house rental as well.
I suggest tenant shall buy stamp paper and hold the original agreement because original agreement is very useful for tenant than owner.
Rent agreement is the only valid local proof for tenant. Tenant uses the rental agreement for many local purposes like gas application, employment application, school application, tax claim, vehicle purchase, FMCG purchase, etc..
We provide rental agreement service in Karnataka. Our service includes drafting + execution + notary + home delivered. Express delivery available within 24 hours.
To opt for our service, please Whatsapp 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading…
- Can I make a rental agreement of my previous rental house in which I am no longer staying? That is a document showing that I lived there for a certain period of time as a proof to show to passport authorities?
- I have white ration card in Kerala. How can i change to blue card.I have a private job my income is 24000 per year. I am residing in a rental house.I have two kids who are studying.I am in general category.No house and No cars.How can i change my card?
- How can I do an agreement with my house broker for selling my house?
- I recently purchased a used car in Trivandrum and looking for help on RTO name transfer. Would like to know approved address proof documents. None of my proofs like Aadhar, Passport,etc. have Trivandrum address as I stay here only for my job for some time. I have a rental agreement and got an address proof letter from my company. But RTO refuses to accept the company address proof as the letter head has Bangalore address of my company in the footer section. But they have clearly mentioned that I reside in Trivandrum. Could you help me to know what proofs to do name transfer can I provide more and appreciate any help on the same?
- Is it possible to get a rental agreement done if the owner is overseas?
- I am a senior citizen was doing insurance business and rental income filed ITR 3 for few years. Last year no income from insurance, filed ITR1. This year participated in TCS buy back (IPO). I have to file ITR2?
- Can a cowner do a rental agreement on the absence of an owner?