Answered on December 14,2020
Either landlord or tenant can buy stamp paper. Legally, stamp paper belongs to purchaser.
Purchase should hold the original stamp paper. Below image for your reference.
If you wish to own an original agreement, buy stamp paper yourself or collect the photocopy or scanned image from other party that is from your tenant or owner.
In sale deed, usually, buyer pays stamp paper cost because buyer wants to hold original copies of agreement. Simiallarly applicable for house rental as well.
I suggest tenant shall buy stamp paper and hold the original agreement because original agreement is very useful for tenant than owner.
Rent agreement is the only valid local proof for tenant. Tenant uses the rental agreement for many local purposes like gas application, employment application, school application, tax claim, vehicle purchase, FMCG purchase, etc..
We provide rental agreement service in Karnataka. Our service includes drafting + execution + notary + home delivered. Express delivery available within 24 hours.
To opt for our service, please Whatsapp 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading…
- I am a foreigner resident of India (from Italy) since 7 years. I know I can buy a property in India. But can I rent out this property when I am not living there? Write Answer
- My Landlord has stated in the Rental Agreement that the Licensee will not apply, obtain and secure any kind of papers, documents, permits, licences and ration card etc in respect of the said room premises to & from the Govt. M.M, C, and rationing Dett in any manner. How do i update my Address on Aadhaar and other Documents? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.