Answered on February 05,2020
Deduction for payment of Tuition fees is available only to an Individual assessee and not to a HUF assessee. The deduction is available for any sum paid as tuition fee for full time education of his/her children. The deduction can be claimed for the maximum of two children. Children shall include even adopted and step children.Furthermore, payment made for the education of himself/herself (Individual assesse) or spouse or any member of the HUF is not eligible for deduction under section 80C. There is no defined age limit of children for claiming deduction of tuition fees.
- In schedule (Tax Dedeucted at Source)TDS, one is required to enter the head under which corresponding receipt has been offered? In some cases, TDS is deducted by the payer in current year, but corresponding income is to be offered in future years. How to fill up Schedule TDS in such cases?
- My son is an NRI and his tenant has to deduct TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) every month and deposit in the bank. After every quarter, he has to submit Form 27A and 27Q online and then generate Form 16A. Is it possible that I deposit TDS amount as advance tax every month in the bank?
- I am a US citizen. I pay tax on the pension received from India to the US Treasury and submit the IRS form 6166 (Tax Residency Certificate) to the bank in India every year. Till the month of May 2017, it was not deducting tax deducted at source (TDS) from my monthly pension. Suddenly it deducted TDS from my June and July pension. Do I have to avail double taxation relief?
- What is the upper limit/maximum deduction available for Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) assessee under section 80D, i.e., for the payment made towards medical insurance?
- What is the upper limit /maximum deduction under section 80C?
- Under which section interest on deposit in case of senior citizens is allowable as deduction?
- Can assessee claim deduction under section 80U and 80DD simultaneously?